The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Game Changer 68 bent: Advice please

mrdoug

"TSC's Shave Sales Deal Finder"
I just noticed this dent in my GC this morning. I don't recall dropping it, but I can't think of what else could have happened.

Anyone have any insight as too whether this will effect the shave? I dread having to replace it, but if the shave is wonky, I'm not going to try to use it.

Thanks in advance for your input / insight.
3ce5cd863810dab03c5a401876a3145c.jpg

Seems like you’ll have a spot of more aggression. Only one way to find out...

Shoot that's not good. It is the bar that stretches and acts as a guard for your skin so I'd say, yeah it'll effect the shave. To what extent can only be determined with a test. Sorry man. Must have gotten dropped or hit somehow to cause that. Blame the cat, the dog is innocent......
Lol. The dog is very innocent, considering I don't have one.

Because I have no patience, I already started to play with it before I had to take off this morning. I threw a soft towel over a flathead screwdriver and wedged it in , alternating sides and adjusting the placement.

It looks like I've managed to take about a third of it out. It's still smooth. I'll probably try a little more later tonight.

Well, might be an expensive lesson... Or it might be a wake up call to only buy cheap razors. Lol.

I got home and continued my work with a screwdriver (covered in a towel) trying to work out the dent... I think it looks 99+% back to normal. I'm hoping that means the shave will be normal too.

Fingers crossed.
920508632e68b61b943e5f0a2c96e32d.jpg

Looks like you got it straight. Nice work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like you got it straight. Nice work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. The shave seemed fine... Couldn't tell the difference between the two sides. Other than the little scratch on the bottom, it seems to be exactly as it was before. [emoji106]

I do have to say... whatever happened to cause this had to have been so minor that I didn't even realize it was an issue. If that sort of thing is enough to cause this damage, the Gamechanger isn't built tough at all.

Thus, I am stuck wondering... Is this better than a Zamak razor that Razorock sells for a quarter of the price?

Might be time to revisit the 6s. That thing looks like a tank. Lol. [emoji16]

Last edited:
I do have to say... whatever happened to cause this had to have been so minor that I didn't even realize it was an issue. If that sort of thing is enough to cause this damage, the Gamechanger isn't built tough at all.
Yours is the 1st I've ever read about this happening to ANYONE with who knows how many sold. Doubt I'd throw the razor under the bus without knowing what happened. Perhaps someone else was looking at it and had a mishap?

Yours is the 1st I've ever read about this happening to ANYONE with who knows how many sold. Doubt I'd throw the razor under the bus without knowing what happened. Perhaps someone else was looking at it and had a mishap?
Good point.

I'm hoping that was the case. I'm also hoping they see my 'woe' and cease any further playing with my razors. Lol.

I say this, but I could have been tye culprit and forgotten after thinking it was safe. My memory sucks. So... What was I saying again? [emoji1787]

So mrdoug, how does the .68 actually shave, aesthetics aside? Theoretically, it should shave similar to the beloved Gillette Tech. :unsure:

So mrdoug, how does the .68 actually shave, aesthetics aside? Theoretically, it should shave similar to the beloved Gillette Tech. :unsure:
It's good, fairly similar to a prewar tech wtg, xtg... but ATG it belays it's larger gap. It feels more agressive. Uncomfortable is the best way to describe that pass. It's my understanding that they designed the Gamechanger after a tech? Makes sense, I guess.

All in all its a good shaver, though. I've even done several shaves with the 84. That one is even a bit more. I can feel the difference wtg, too. I can't shave with that one for too many back to back shaves.

As I said in my daily shave, I am trying to figure out what razor I prefer to use day to day. I was fairly certain that the bakelite was a contender... However 7 hours later, I need another shave. That's no good.

Sent from my TRS-80 using Tapatalk

The ol' Tech is pretty hard to beat for a daily shaver. Have you tried a Schick Krona?
Nope, never tried the Krona. I've been pondering a Prewar Canadian Tech. Supposed to be more efficient than the US equivalent, I've read.

Got 32 days to ponder before I can buy anything, anyway. [emoji56]

Sent from my TRS-80 using Tapatalk

Nope, never tried the Krona. I've been pondering a Prewar Canadian Tech. Supposed to be more efficient than the US equivalent, I've read...

I have a Canadian pre-war, English "flat bottom, etc., etc., and it is pure myth that the pre-war, or any other for that matter, are more "aggressive". The blade gap on all is approx. the same. Yes, I have feeler gauged them. A post-war "ball end" does have a bit more blade rigidity with the oval slots and is IMO the best of the lot.

Back