The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Funny Things that pop up on your YouTube Thread

Scuttlesoap

TSC Yoda
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
Outside of my normal shaving video binges - my tastes vary in what I watch - a lot of history videos, some watch videos, some coffee videos, this one painter when I want to go to sleep……and lately some airline pilot that critiques Air Traffic Control and Pilot interactions (I don’t know why I got into this - I guess me viewing AirForceProud95 brought the other channel about). But I can’t for the life of me understand what algorithm brought this about on my home page…….

We didn’t have enough money growing up to have a Commodore 64 - we eventually got the Radio Shack Tandy version.

I’ll have to watch this later. I grew up with the C-64. It was my first “word processor”. There was a very basic word program, that I could type and print my reports for school. But it had no edit properties. When proofreading, if I discovered I had made a mistake, I would have to delete everything back to the mistake, and re-type it all. And no way to save any of it! The program was on a cartridge.

A VIC-20 was my first PC. Bought it with the $$$ I earned one summer working on the grain boats in high school; we would get a call at 1 or 2am to be at the docks for 3am to help with the last of the grain unloading. That would involve getting put into the ship's bin with a shovel along with a bunch of other guys and a front-end loader. Had to hitchhike ~20 miles (yes, Canada was not 100% metric in the early '80s) to buy it at Canadian Tire and then hitchhike home with it.

I
I’ll have to watch this later. I grew up with the C-64. It was my first “word processor”. There was a very basic word program, that I could type and print my reports for school. But it had no edit properties. When proofreading, if I discovered I had made a mistake, I would have to delete everything back to the mistake, and re-type it all. And no way to save any of it! The program was on a cartridge.
forgot all about the No backspace - How did we ever get things done?

A VIC-20 was my first PC. Bought it with the $$$ I earned one summer working on the grain boats in high school; we would get a call at 1 or 2am to be at the docks for 3am to help with the last of the grain unloading. That would involve getting put into the ship's bin with a shovel along with a bunch of other guys and a front-end loader. Had to hitchhike ~20 miles (yes, Canada was not 100% metric in the early '80s) to buy it at Canadian Tire and then hitchhike home with it.
Did it look like this?

1645143023864.jpeg

Back