The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Friday the 13th AND a Full Moon!

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Bingo Wizard
Concierge
It's going to be one heck of a night! For the first time in 13 years, there will be a Full Moon on Friday the 13th! At least for most of us. In my local area the Full Moon will occur at 2332 (or 11:32 PM). Sorry to those of you who live in the Eastern Time Zone..... your Full Moon will happen after midnight, on the 14th. It'll also be another 13 years before we get another Full Moon on Friday the 13th (May 2033).

This month's Full Moon is a Harvest Moon. The Harvest Moon is a bit unique in that it is not associated with a specific month. The Harvest Moon is the Full Moon that occurs closest to the Autumnal Equinox. If this Full Moon is in September, then it replaces the Corn Moon, and if it occurs in October it replaces the Hunter's Moon.

This Full Moon is also a Micromoon, which means it is at apogee, or its furthest distance from the Earth. Therefore it appears 14 percent smaller and 30 percent dimmer than the Supermoons.

The last time a Friday the 13th Full Moon was a Micromoon was 1832, and it wont happen again for another 500 years!

As I said in my Journal Amber and I plan on getting a Tarot Reading done at the Tranquility Shop tonight, followed by a tasting at Phantom V Distilling Company. After that we plan on watching a movie on our outdoor big screen and having a bonfire and picnic as we wait for the Full Moon!

What are you doing to celebrate???

And then the idea of a horror movie tonight got vetoed

I do prefer months that start on Sunday but not because of the 13th. They just look tidy on the calendar, especially February.

a0018757638595c49f88072a6b99d06e3380e8411eb3260a46427b34dea162b8.jpg
not being scared of it

Thanks KJ! Even though I knew it was a Friday, that it was the 13th, and that this is the harvest moon, I somehow never connected any of those three elements.

I looked at my workout plan, made useless posts here and listened to Frank Zappa Halloween 1973.

We had pizza for dinner, which was a big deal, since my wife an I have been dieting, and I'm taking the weekend off from that before starting the next phase. Rounded the pizza off by watching an episode of Bosh with Helena.

Not. big on the superstitious stuff, but love to hear about the astronomical uniqueness of the day, and all for celebrating things just for the heck of it.

Sucks about the Tarot reading. That just means you two need to do it some other time! Honestly...I have never had one done and have always wanted to try it out. They have several here in town...and a TON in New Orleans (Voodoo Capital - unofficially of course). I just don't want to spend the $40 to $50 dollars that they usually are. Glad you two a great night though!

Back