The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Fresca is amazing!

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
I’ve long enjoyed Fresca for its light but crisp grapefruit. Now, we’re finding we drink it a little more often, as opposed to drinking lots of other sodas.

It seems to be an OK drink on keto, in moderation of course. It has 1g carb per 12oz. serving. It’s sweetened with aspartame, which isn’t the best and some May choose to avoid.

Where we have found Fresca to be wonderful, is as a mixer for drinks. @CVargo suggested mixing gin with Fresca for an alternate take on a gin & tonic. Sounded weird, but I was pleasantly surprised by the taste.

Now, we have discovered something even better. It was Amber’s creation, and I was shocked how good it was. A Fresca Margarita. Simply: Fresca, tequila, and a splash of lemon and lime juice. It’s crazy how much it tastes nearly exactly like a margarita. And being on Keto, it’s very hard to find or make a Margarita that doesn’t have a lot of sugar/corn syrup in it.

So how do you enjoy Fresca? Any other good recipes?

raw

So KJ I am sure you have heard of mexican formula coke. You need to get mexican formula fresca! OMG!!!

1 lime is 7 carbs. But I’m sure you’ve factored that in.

Fresca and top shelf tequila is DANGEROUSLY delicious and easy to drink. I’ve never added lime though.

Back