The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Free shipping no minimum at WCS today

NurseDave

“Stefan’s Glitterbomb King”
Legacy
First Responder
Bingo Wizard
Concierge
Free shipping no minimum at WCS today

Not only that, but they have their store brand soaps and creams being released around the 20th if you haven't seen the reviews on YT. It's going to be difficult for me to not pull the trigger on a couple of them.

I only bought a bottle of Platinum EdT. Been thinking about it since I used the Fine soap and I NEED that scent.

I tried their store brand a year ago and thought it was terrible, it barely made good shower soap. I assume they corrected their mistake and have a better product now but i've not seen anything to confirm or deny that. They do have LongRifle and Efros so a free shipping order would be nice ...but I live in California, land of the tax monster, so I would still pay sales tax.

I tried their store brand a year ago and thought it was terrible, it barely made good shower soap. I assume they corrected their mistake and have a better product now but i've not seen anything to confirm or deny that. They do have LongRifle and Efros so a free shipping order would be nice ...but I live in California, land of the tax monster, so I would still pay sales tax.

What you need is a PO Box in another state. Or get ordained a apply for tax exempt status!

So these new soaps are being made by Oleo Soapworks in their Canard Base (duck fat), while the creams will be made by Catie's Bubbles in their luxury cream base. I've avoided WCS branded soaps because of some of the performance issues I've read about. But having used the Oleo base before, I can attest it's a solid performer...better than Stirling IMHO. Can't say anything about the Caties Bubbles cream base (it's a little softer than a croap, but not a true cream from what I understand), but it gets good reviews.

I'm debating an order just to get the free shipping today...then another order on Monday. LOL

Not to rip on WCS...but if their soaps and creams are made by others...is there a difference? Is there something different about the WCS brand that I can't get from Oleo or Caties Bubbles?

Apparently the scents are being developed by WCS...so it's a scent thing. At least that's what I'm getting from the reviews I've watched. They sent some of the soaps/creams out to about 20 youtubers and reviewers to drum up some interest. (Nope, I'm not one of them, lol) There are 5 scents being released across both bases. Cologne, Chypre, Fougere, Spice and Pear-brrr Shoppe. And that's about the extent of what I know about them. LOL

BTW, sorry about hijacking the thread...

I did end up placing an order for a couple of soaps. LOL

Thanks Josh...I appreciate the info...but if anyone hijacked it...it was me!

Wow, that's a name I haven't heard in forever. Didn't know they were still around.

Yeah, not sure why they never really got too much love over at the other place. They have been continuing to produce new scents and soaps, and came out with their luxury cream line I think in 2017, which has gotten some pretty high praise from some of the online reviewers. The only reason I don't have any in my stash is the few that I've tried were in sample form and I just didn't get the greatest of lathers from them. I'll have to go back through some of the reviews, but from what I can remember, their luxury cream line is more highly rated than their soaps. But I will say that their Purple Grapefruit is an amazing scent!

I think they got lost in the Artisan rage. They were pretty big about four years ago, but died off when all the new kids on the block came on the scene. I don't think Caties Bubbles ever lost steam on Facebook though as I see them frequently mentioned on there .

Back