The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

found the perfect thing to scoop out samples

Jaro1069

TSC's Cheerleader
Veteran
hello all. i found some of those condiment spreading knives at thrift store for 10 cents each and those thing are fantastic for scooping out soap from tubs or where ever i really like the fact that they are metal bladed so a quick rinse and they are ready for the next sample and they are sturdy enough that after i scoop out sample i can use the knife to press it into bowl...they come in so many whimsical styles too i even have seen a spider man one and fruits and pets and light houses.. you name it and you can find one probably. and did i mention they work fantastic.....71vRNGrfWTL._SX466_.jpg

hello all. i found some of those condiment spreading knives at thrift store for 10 cents each and those thing are fantastic for scooping out soap from tubs or where ever i really like the fact that they are metal bladed so a quick rinse and they are ready for the next sample and they are sturdy enough that after i scoop out sample i can use the knife to press it into bowl...they come in so many whimsical styles too i even have seen a spider man one and fruits and pets and light houses.. you name it and you can find one probably. and did i mention they work fantastic.....View attachment 13194
Nice find. The price is certainly inviting too.

I have both a Small wooden spoon (won't scrape the bottom of the soap tub) as well as these unique metal "spoons" for hard soaps. Both were sizably more expensive, though. Lol

I know my description wasn't the best piece of literary work. Here's what I meant by metal spoon.

I can, and have, broken triple mill pucks before with it. Solid.
9e502f94152a1134e880fa0f5f82d595.jpg

Quick question @Jaro1069 ... Is that serrated edge? It's hard to tell in the pic.

Would be useful for cutting chunks of a brick (cello or RR blue).

I use a spoon I got from Orange Leaf.... a frozen yogurt place.

8898391048_2e9a1c6ed8_b.jpg

hello all. i found some of those condiment spreading knives at thrift store for 10 cents each and those thing are fantastic for scooping out soap from tubs or where ever i really like the fact that they are metal bladed so a quick rinse and they are ready for the next sample and they are sturdy enough that after i scoop out sample i can use the knife to press it into bowl...they come in so many whimsical styles too i even have seen a spider man one and fruits and pets and light houses.. you name it and you can find one probably. and did i mention they work fantastic.....View attachment 13194
Nice grab, that one is over $7 on ebay new.

I use a gelato spoon...I think yours might be better. :)
yeah you can find them in almost any thrift store for about max 50 or 60 cents. they are usually less i bought 4 and they sold them to me for a little less
Quick question @Jaro1069 ... Is that serrated edge? It's hard to tell in the pic.

Would be useful for cutting chunks of a brick (cello or RR blue).
they make them with both a serrated edge and a smooth edge.. when you go into the thrift store where they have the silverware they usually have these little things mixed in with it.. sometimes they might be topped with a palm tree or grapes or anything like i had already stated. i just saw one there one day and was like I Wonder? and then when i saw how it would just "peel" the pucks and out of curiosity i took a bar of bath soap and it cut right through it i knew whet i was gonna be using as my scoop !!!!!

the one with the bumpy handle isnt dented it is supposed to look like cherrys stacked on top of each other....

Yep.....
Cheese knives
They are and they work excellent.. No more breaking those little plastic spoons and they are reusable so environmentally friendly.....they are good for samples or pass arounds and for cutting chunks off block soaps...and .. Just like don used in his dragonsbeard video saturday......

Yep.....

They are and they work excellent.. No more breaking those little plastic spoons and they are reusable so environmentally friendly.....they are good for samples or pass arounds and for cutting chunks off block soaps...and .. Just like don used in his dragonsbeard video saturday......
Normally I use a gelato spoon. But They can break from time to time. I have been using that spreader for a couple months now. So far the wife hasn't noticed it's gone. Hey Chad @Cvargo I may not use the good towels, but I sure am using the good spreader!

Yep and like i said in the thrift stores they normally sell them for between .10 cents and at most around 60 or 70 cents so they are really cheap and they work great....

Back