The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Found a new barbershop (aka the local barbershop thread)

OpusX

TSC’s Master of Warp Cores, Alchemy, Ale, & Cider
Driving about town on errands the other day, and I see a couple of simple signs out near the road the just says "Barbershop". Looking at where they were I didn't even realize that shops were there (in this case located behind a private school and small garage shop). Being that it was time for a haircut I figured I'd give it a look.

OH my am I glad I did! I enjoyed a great haircut, that included a proper sideburn and neck shave with a badger brush, scuttle hot lather, and a shavette.

Awesome service and the decor is an awesome combo of rockabilly and horror. @Spider next time you are in town this is a must stop.

I can say that Sticks and Stones is now my local shop for sure. What is yours? How did you find it? What makes it "unique"?

20210626_124905.jpg

20210626_135239.jpg

Seems like a cool place to go and get a cut.

My old barber did the hot lather and shavette to the back of my neck.

That's what I miss the most compared to where I go now.

That barbershop looks a little more modern inside. The one I go to now looks like you go back 35+ years in time. LOL

I really don’t like barbers. (No offense Dave). But the few I’ve been to have not impressed me on the least. The only person I trust to cut my hair is me. I can count on one hand (maybe another digit or two) the number of people who have cut my hair besides me from the time I was 10 years old.

Having said that…. I am going to a barber on Tuesday. This Barber is female, which gives me some hope. I have always had better results from females cutting my hair than males. And this will be my first female barber. Will have to report back.

Back