The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

First Shave w/ Cubebe

Great video @zaclikestoshave !

I love your points on wanting to actually use a product before making a final review, and the whole need to keep reviewing new stuff all the time.

I think the hobby is mature enough (and then some) for most of us who've been wet shaving for a while to start to settle into a comfort zone, wherever it may be.

That's a big factor in enjoying this particular forum. There are enough areas to participate that don't relate to just buying more stuff. At this stage it's about the friends, conversation, and enjoying what other people are into, even if it's not my niche.

Some really nice thoughts @zaclikestoshave! You definitely know your stuff about SV! That is for sure. Unfortunately, SV is a soap that I have neglected in my almost five years of wet shaving...but I am likely to remedy this soon! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and video!

At this stage it's about the friends, conversation, and enjoying what other people are into, even if it's not my niche.

This is one of the best things I have ever read!

@zaclikestoshave Nice video and hope you start a VLOG of your videos to share here even if they are infrequent. I average 1 a week maybe and it's a chance to see and have a face and personality to associate with a member. Also we now have a contender to challenge @Dagwoodz for best hair of VLOG's :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your vid. Hope to see more in the future. It was interesting to see your technique.

Welcome to the Vlog area. Very interesting insights. Please feel free to post anytime!

Great first share @zaclikestoshave! Sounds like you’ve been at the videos for a while? Glad you’ve found a less pressured, more enjoyable format for yourself!

Thank you for the comments after the first post everyone. I am happy to see people enjoying the videos as they merely are me sharing my shave and it usually is to give a bit of thoughts on my shave soap. Maybe not the most exciting thing but hopefully certain people can take something from it. If anyone wants a video review on any of the other SV soaps, I can upload them from the SV group on FB.

In regards to hair, I used to have a mop and after I chopped it all off I was bald for a while. It's flattering how many people like my hair as it's been a long time since I have kept my hair mid length. I've been using B&M pomade the last couple months and enjoy it.

A pottery instructor hm? Fun!

Also interesting post shave process of waiting longer to finish the routine of butters and AS. I may have missed it, but do you do that because it helps things absorb better, the face having released some moisture from the shave?

Only shaving every 4-6 days?

I see you skin stretch quite a bit. I get irritated skin just thinking about stretching that much with a safety razor. But it seems like you’ve been traditional shaving for quite a while so I assume you’ve tried all the varied techniques.

Back