The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Feather Professional AC SS Kamisori...now what?

Come on @Dave in KY it can’t be all that bad?! I need to try something new and the whole straight thing is interesting @BarberDave but if I get into to straights Mrs. S WILL cut me! @woodpusher Sam, how many straights you have?

I currently have 0 straights, having given them up after a year dedicated to the Injector a few years ago. How many have I have? Probably about 40-50 or so over a span of years, but I tried to keep it down to 7-8 max at any one time.

After a while with a CJB (RX/DX knockoff), and more than a few shaves with straights, I prefer the Super Pro in the SS.

Pro Guards should be just fine, never used them myself. Got a few small scars that maybe a guard would have prevented :)
Well I have never used any kind of guard blade for any of my SEs but I shall not exhibit “mortal hubris” for the first few shaves... ;)

Well I have one partial and one, two pass shave in and I am really enjoying the Kamisori. Listening to the Cadre Radio Show last night with a lovely glass of whiskey in my paw was truly nice. Learned a lot! I believe I will be sticking with the Feather SS Kami for awhile until I get a bunch of shaves down range. Thanks for all the insight and advice!

Last edited:
Just got my new (to me) Kamisori in and am looking at my Try A Blade sampler to figure which “guard” blade to choose first. I have a Feather Pro Guard, Soft Guard and Kai Captain Titan ProTouch with a metal guard. I am leaning towards Pro Guard.

Also, I have all forms of regular and mild AC blades...Schick, Kai and Feather...etc. So before I carve up this beautiful punIm....give me your opinion Cadre!

View attachment 23199
very nice, hope it suits you.

Have any of you used the Light Blades or the Soft Guard blades from Feather? I am just wondering if they are actually more gentle on the skin.

I just began shaving with a straight after a 5 yr break. My son loaned me his folding Feather SS. I loaded one of my Feather Supers and had a great shave. I think I prefer this razor over my Dovo Special. No stropping/honing required and great shaves to boot.

Back