The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Feather FHS & GEM blades

ibrahim makkouk

Shave Newbie
Hey TSC peeps,

I have a rather contentious question, and I know someone will say "are you mad?!", but here goes: I have tried everything to use GEM style razors, all angles, blades (carbon, SS, PAL, GEM), and nothing works, I just can't get it to work efficiently. I used Starling V2, MMOC, G bar, Shield, all same inefficient results. Untill I had a revelation to put a Feather FHS in the G bar and it worked perfectly (inspired by my lovely shave with a Valet Autostrop VC4). Would anyone know which other GEM/Star/Ever-Ready razors would work with a Feather FHS? Thanks 😊

You may have issues with fit due to them being slightly longer, more narrow and the cutouts being in the wrong spots. You would need to find one that holds the blade in place due to the pressure across the flat face of the blade. Unfortunately, I don't know of one like that.

You may have issues with fit due to them being slightly longer, more narrow and the cutouts being in the wrong spots. You would need to find one that holds the blade in place due to the pressure across the flat face of the blade. Unfortunately, I don't know of one like that.
Thank you sir 😊 it works perfectly in the G bar. I wasn't sure whether all GEM heads are created equal 🤣. Anyhow, thanks for the clarification 🤜🤛

Back