The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

ETHOS Grooming Essentials shave soaps in 3 sizes.

Dragonsbeard

Shave Enthusiast
Artisan Retailer
Well guys I made a couple of hard decisions but based on customer feedback, input and suggestions I’ve made the decision to offer ETHOS shave soaps in 3 sizes. The normal 7.5oz and now a 4oz and the 3/4 oz travel size jar and as you see below all 3 look similar. The 4oz will be ready by Monday or Tuesday at the latest but the 3/4 oz jar needs labels and my graphic designer and myself are trying to figure out the best way to create them since they are only going to be 1.25 “ so very small labels.

I’ll have and list pricing on the new sizes in my price list thread very soon.
Thanks for all your support.

415CFCC9-8CAA-4621-8883-66136403C872.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow, that's awesome Frank. The flexibility should do quite well.

I am impressed with the compact size of the 80g container compared to the 4oz. I'm not missing something, right... 80grams = 2.8oz?

Very exciting.

Wow, that's awesome Frank. The flexibility should do quite well.

I am impressed with the compact size of the 80g container compared to the 4oz. I'm not missing something, right... 80grams = 2.8oz?

Very exciting.

I’m so sorry that was a mistake on my part I overlooked and posted grams instead of oz as my assistant did the weighing and she got it wrong and I didn’t catch it. The small Travel size jar holds a little over 3/4oz when filled so I think I’ll call it 3/4 oz on the label.. been crazy busy and it scares me that I missed that mistake!
I’ll edit the post right now 🙃

Thank you for your response!

I’m so sorry that was a mistake on my part I overlooked and posted grams instead of oz as my assistant did the weighing and she got it wrong and I didn’t catch it. The small Travel size jar holds a little over 3/4oz when filled so I think I’ll call it 3/4 oz on the label.. been crazy busy and it scares me that I missed that mistake!
I’ll edit the post right now

Thank you for your response!
Ahh, I guess that makes more sense for the picture. Still, I wasn't doubting your magic... Lol.

I agree with the consensus, it's a great idea. You can sample them all - 3/4 oz should give 8-10 shaves, I'd bet. You can get a 'normal' 3 month supply (4oz). Finally, save in the long run and buy in bulk (7oz?).

I do like choices.

* And I do plan to try the Argumes... Especially now that you have a small trial/travel size.

Last edited:
Well guys I made a couple of hard decisions but based on customer feedback, input and suggestions I’ve made the decision to offer ETHOS shave soaps in 3 sizes. The normal 7.5oz and now a 4oz and the 3/4 oz travel size jar and as you see below all 3 look similar. The 4oz will be ready by Monday or Tuesday at the latest but the 80gram needs labels and my graphic designer and myself are trying to figure out the best way to create them since they are only going to be 1.25 “ so very small labels.

View attachment 41576
Just thought I would mention , while you did change it to 3/4 oz up top I think you missed where you still left 80 grams when mentioning the labels..... Just thought I'd mention it in case you missed it....:)

Ahh, I guess that makes more sense for the picture. Still, I wasn't doubting your magic... Lol.

I agree with the consensus, it's a great idea. You can sample them all - 3/4 oz should give 8-10 shaves, I'd bet. You can get a 'normal' 3 month supply (4oz). Finally, save in the long run and buy in bulk (7oz?).

I do like choices.

* And I do plan to try the Argumes... Especially now that you have a small trial/travel size.

Your right based on a lot of my customers feedback most say about a pea size is all that needed for a 3 pass shave. I can only go by what they tell me because I’m a absolute lather hog. I probably mix enough for 5 or 6 passes no matter what soap I use. I think I need to make a T Shirt that say “ I love Lather “ because I really do!

I have had a few negative comments about changing the image by carrying different sizes but the vast majority seem to be in favor of it.

One thing though is that all limited releases I’ll keep exclusive to my website to help keep the prices down.

Thank all for the input, feedback and support. Very much appreciated!

Well guys I made a couple of hard decisions but based on customer feedback, input and suggestions I’ve made the decision to offer ETHOS shave soaps in 3 sizes. The normal 7.5oz and now a 4oz and the 3/4 oz travel size jar and as you see below all 3 look similar. The 4oz will be ready by Monday or Tuesday at the latest but the 3/4 oz jar needs labels and my graphic designer and myself are trying to figure out the best way to create them since they are only going to be 1.25 “ so very small labels.

View attachment 41576
Love this move, Frank. Well done, sir!

The smaller (0.75 oz and 4 oz) size offerings will certainly be welcomed by many.
I personally and VERY MUCH favor the generous and plentiful 7.5 oz container of @Dragonsbeard's stellar ETHOS Grooming Essentials shave soaps!
In fact, rather than (or in addition to) the smaller size offerings, I am particularly interested in a considerably larger 5-gallon "set for life" option!!!
I can just picture the awesome "Dragonsbeard" label on the top of THIS container!
What do ya think, Frank?

5-gallon.jpg

The smaller (0.75 oz and 4 oz) size offerings will certainly be welcomed by many.
I personally and VERY MUCH favor the generous and plentiful 7.5 oz container of @Dragonsbeard's stellar ETHOS Grooming Essentials shave soaps!
In fact, rather than (or in addition to) the smaller size offerings, I am particularly interested in a considerably larger 5-gallon "set for life" option!!!
I can just picture the awesome "Dragonsbeard" label on the top of THIS container!
What do ya think, Frank?

View attachment 41971
Needs a wider opening to get a proper lather from my new powered shave brush...

1607356419784.png

Back