The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Electric Bikes, Scooters, One Wheels, etc.

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
Recently I've been looking a lot at electric scooters, one wheels, and unicycles. Probably not buying one anytime soon, but I'm amazed at some of the options out there. I'm blown away by the range and speed of some of these. I found a few electric scooters that top out at 60MPH! My interest in them really spawned from seeing someone locally riding a scooter on the road and keeping up with traffic, it was quite impressive. My coworker really wants to buy the OneWheel, so we've been looking these up quite a bit.

I know @NurseDave was shopping for one, and I asked him to start this thread so I could see which ones he was looking at, but I guess it slipped his mind. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

So does anybody own anything like this? Do you like them?

1686330841016.png
D-Storm-FullBody-05.jpg

GT_SlickClipped_4ConfigModal_12ba3423-afd5-40c9-993b-62a707705fb1.png
inmotion-v11-electric-unicycle-latest-version-new-motherboard.jpg

The one-wheel things are super cool, but also $$$$. We went with an electric bike because of the better safety over a scooter. Those little wheels hit a pothole and you're in a cast if you're doing 35mph on it.

I know @NurseDave was shopping for one, and I asked him to start this thread so I could see which ones he was looking at
I did a whole video talking about it! We got Rad City by Rad Power Bikes. I gave my daughter three to pick from and she chose this one because it had more of an upright seating position. To me, this was the least aesthetic out of the bunch because the battery isn't integrated, but I'm glad she picked it because it was the most powerful and we have some steep hills between the school and home. It was also lucky because they had a physical store that had free test rides of all their bikes where as most of the brands are online only.

I like the bike you show in your post, it looks to be about the right size and design to allow for plenty of fun (and utility). I got my wife one of the smaller Jetsen bike from Costco last year, it has very small tires (maybe 13 inch?) which terrifies me but she really likes. She mostly rides on bike paths or paved roads BUT our area does not have sidewalks so I am sure she has found herself in the dirt on the side of the road on occasion. It does have an impressive time/distance of use capability, enough to do several long rides while camping...and of course it has pedals.

I have a neighbor who takes his dogs on a run with one of the onewheel's and it definitely looks like it can do a LOT. I'd love to have one but I am not going to spend that kind of money on a skateboard style thing when I can spend it on a bike type which would be more versatile

SB is packed with electric bikes and they seem to be the best investment when going that route.

The single wheels and scooters I sometimes see kids or younger adults riding around on. When you get really good on the single wheels you can set up a camp chair on them and cruise around in chill mode lol.

The prices overall are just crazy though 😵

The 7M3 Edition Mojo E-Bike Is very nice but very, Very Expensive , if you have the extra cash....
thumbnail-627x429.png
The company has other models too that are more budget friendly though.....

The Rad City costs the same as my Motorcycle did.
Yes sir, but my main concern was having the larger wattage motor to get up the hills. If we were on flatter ground, I wouldn’t have paid that.

Yes sir, but my main concern was having the larger wattage motor to get up the hills. If we were on flatter ground, I wouldn’t have paid that.
Did you consider a motorcycle? A smaller 250CC Yamaha or Honda would have been a lot cheaper and had all the power she needed, yet still be small enough to be manageable. That's what they use here during the basic rider courses to teach people how to ride. They are fun for commuting, and not big enough, really, for highway.

Last edited:
We got this in lieu of her getting her license.

Back