The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Edgewell Personal Care to Purchase CREMO

CBLindsay

I Blame Dave
Owner
Legacy
Today Edgewell Personal Care Company (NYSE: EPC) today announced that it has entered into a definitive purchase agreement to acquire CREMO, in an all-cash transaction at a purchase price of $235 million. The deal is expected to close sometime in Q1 2021.

Edgewell Personal Care is already a pretty big player in the shaving brands community (among other personal care lines) but listening to the president of Edgewell explain why the CREMO purchase was important and where it fit into the grand scheme of things was rather interesting. He briefly discussed how the prolonged period of quarantine has impacted men's grooming then went on to explain how some brands in the Edgewell line-up were meant to be more "premium" than others and that CREMO would be a boost to the more consumer accessible premium products. He seemed to imply it fell between Bulldog® and Jack Black® or might be "more accessible than" either of those brands.

Some of Edgewell's established brand names include ...Schick®, Wilkinson Sword®, Personna®, Edge®, Skintimate®, Banana Boat®, Hawaiian Tropic®, Bulldog® and Jack Black® In any case the Company has a broad global footprint and operates in more than 50 markets (including the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, Japan, the U.K. and Australia) so it should be a huge boost to the CREMO brand.

Unlike their attempt to purchase Harry's which was scrapped earlier this year due to FTC opposition, this acquisition looks like a pretty sure thing.

Hmmm do I buy the stock?

Thankfully I sold the Kodak stock at the right time.

Interesting news. I hope this means wider distribution for Cremo products and a larger budget for product r&d.

Cremo makes some really excellent EdT strength fragrances. I hope to see that continue.

Oh, and I wish I was at that guy’s press conference to ask him why he doesn’t produce the Wilkie shave stick in puck form, sold in every cvs, rite aid and Walgreens in the country.

Here’s the CNBC interview done shortly after the earnings announcement this morning, kind of interesting to hear how the new “stay-at-home” work environment has changed men’s grooming (as seen through Edgewell’s eyes).
Edgewell Personal Care CEO on drop of organic net sales as consumers opt out of shaving
https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/08/04/edgewell-personal-care-ceo-on-drop-of-organic-net-sales-as-consumers-opt-out-of-shaving.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

Back