The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Duke Cannon - Proper Cologne

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
Anyone have experience with these? The scents sound good and prices are ok.

I've been wondering myself. I'm a big fan of their beer soap which has a beautiful sandalwood scent. I'm willing to be a guinea pig for the sake of the Cadre.

My only exposure to the Duke cannon line was a few sniff tests of some product on the shelf at a shop in Calico (a literal Ghost Town in the California desert). I was struck by the large size of the products and the clever product titles and imagery. The scents were nothing exceptional either way (overly great or terribly offensive) but my wife was willing to let me get some if I wanted anything. I opted not to get anything at the time but would gladly pick some up at the price they were made available.

I know our base Exchange carries Duke products. I’ve bought a couple soap bars in the past. But I doubt they have these colognes, as it a fairly new product. But I will go check!

I got their first offering from Facebook. Leather and leaf bar soap, a bourbon solid cologne, and a pretty nice anti perspirant. The bar of soap is quite marge and is lasting very well (and it shaves good). Momma likes the cologne. The anti perspirant appears to have fewer chemicals than my previous one.

Seneca gets to my apartment tomorrow and I'm going back to my other home Thursday, so I'll give my review on Friday morning after my shave.

If it’s anyway related to Duke Nukem, I approve.

Ben, you know shipping is more affordable when you buy 10 soaps right?

Soaps, scents whatever. Who orders just one of something online?

Here's what I got so far.

I like the simple, blue collar packaging, which I would expect. Nothing about Duke Cannon is fancy, and I'm completely okay with that.
IMG_20190801_174800.jpg

Again, not fancy or flashy. The glass bottle feels hard working, like it won't fail on you, unless you...drop it?
IMG_20190801_174842.jpg

The scent. I'm honestly not super crazy about it. I liked it less the first spray and I guess it kinda grew on me a little. It smells familiar, but I can't put my finger on it. Definitely aquatic. I'll have to smell it again in the near future to really piece it together.

I'll test longevity, sillage, and whatever other fancy words there are for toilet water tomorrow. That was my initial impression.

How well it lingers, I think. I'll do a search on specific things people look for in perfumery and go from there. Shouldn't be too hard.

Back