The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Dragonsbeard V2 Release

Dragonsbeard

Shave Enthusiast
Artisan Retailer
CE4D3733-AC43-4947-83F9-2B0421EB96B1.jpeg
Dragonsbeard V2 release.

Hello Cadre

I'm happy to post up my latest release. The Dragonsbeard V2 Collection. I'll start off by saying the entire Collection is available as a complete set at a special price. The Complete set includes the Dragonsbeard Shave soap, Skin Food splash, EDP in the new glass jar and the 26mm Shave Brush & Stand. The brush and Stand was a collaboration with a vendor Tim from Knothead Brushworks. Only 10 sets were available as of yesterday and 3 are spoken for already. Of course any of the items can be ordered separately and with the Shave brush & Stand as well. You can special order the brush without a knot and either put your own in or send Tim the knot of your choice and he will put it in for you. Tim's a great guy and very easy to work with and I'd like to publicly thank him with putting up with my OCD lol.

Onto the products. This is the V2 of the Dragonsbeard Shave soap as the first one was a collaboration with Oleo Soapworks where we used her base and a few of my ingredients. This V2 is nothing like the first version and is a croap and very close to a cream. It is definitely a soap that has to be used like a cream. Scoop some out and either bowl lather or put some on the tip of your brush and face lather. The base has Grass Fed beef tallow, Duck fat and Camel Hump fat in it along with many other ingredients like the EOS Complex, Sheep and Camel milks. The Skin Food splash has a higher dose of the EOS Complex as all the new Skin Food splashes will have for even better face feel and skin benefits. The new EDP is also in my new puck style bottle which will be what I'll be using for all future EDP's in either clear or frosted and the fine mist sprayers come in black metal as seen on the Dragonsbeard EDP or in Silver and Gold and it will vary which ones are used depending on the Collection. You can also request whatever you'd like on yours when ordering.

A few things about the aroma. In the first version I used mostly naturals but there were two aroma chemicals also used and that has always bugged me as I knew I could have done it using all naturals so with this V2 the Amber Fossilized oil and Rose Absolute replaces the Aroma Chemical versions and I can say it's a 100% natural blend of the following... Agarwood EO, Oud Resin, East Indian Sandalwood EO, Tonka Bean butter, Amber Fossilized, Madagascar Vanilla Bean oil 8 month infusion I made myself and a bit of Rose Absolute. Some may be asking themselves as I would if I saw the price of lets say the soap containing real Agarwood oil or Oud Resin and there is a long story behind that and let's just say I got if for free to make it simple because if I had to buy enough to make Shave soap each jar would be selling north of $300 easily and believe me I've done my homework.

I only made 50 jars of the Shave Soap as it's a once a season soap and 10 have been reserved for the folks that purchase the entire Collection which includes the Brush and stand. So that leaves 40 and since posting on Instagram that number is going down quickly. Also I wanted to let you know that I will continue to offer the Dragonsbeard EDP and after talking things over with a few of my friends I will make the Skin Food splash available upon request after these 50 I made are sold as they made me realize that folks go through their aftershaves faster than their soaps usually.

Prices can be found in the price list thread.

This is the first in a series of Dragonsbeard Shave soaps I'll be doing with a couple more coming in 2021.

If you have any questions post them in here or if you want to reserve anything please email me please at Ethosgroomingessentials@gmail.com

Thank you Cadre for your support! Believe me it's very much appreciated.

Last edited:
Shaved again today using Frank's advice to hydrate incrementally. Getting the hydration right is critical for this soap but not difficult to find the sweet spot. The resultant lather developed a beautiful off white sheen that maintained the cushioning and postshave that had earned so much praise during my first shave while delivering outstanding residual slickness. Not one for scent but the harmonious complexity is an olfaction treat for the senses as each layer is revealed during relatherings. The V2 DragonsBeard is simply fantastic.

[Image: dhfppMM.jpg]

Ordered DB V2 and Greenfresh along with Skinfood and the Santal EDT. I have the Lavender soap and the ingredients and performance is elite, top tier, A#1, etc. Much admiration for not compromising on ingredients and standards. Thank you Frank.
Thank you sir for the encouraging word and your order. Much appreciated.
Hope you like the new gear! 😊👍🏼

Shaved again today using Frank's advice to hydrate incrementally. Getting the hydration right is critical for this soap but not difficult to find the sweet spot. The resultant lather developed a beautiful off white sheen that maintained the cushioning and postshave that had earned so much praise during my first shave while delivering outstanding residual slickness. Not one for scent but the harmonious complexity is an olfaction treat for the senses as each layer is revealed during relatherings. The V2 DragonsBeard is simply fantastic.

[Image: dhfppMM.jpg]
Thank you Dan I’m glad you dialed the soap in. It’s a little tricky if your used to my other soaps. The Camel hump fat seems to give it a different feel. It should look like thick whipped cream and very shinny.
😊👍🏼

Frankie, you outdid yourself my friend. I can’t thank you enough for getting these products to me in record time. I’m just in awe of the quality of the product containers, jars, bottles the whole nine yards. Superb my friend. Superb! Tim at Knothead did a wonderful job on the brush & brush stand. Fits perfectly with the Dragonsbeard motif. Bravo!!

And the V2 Dragonsbeard scent is ”Da Bomb!” Gents are in for a treat with this bad boy.....

DCF2D6BF-2A32-4573-A3CF-BAEAC8072C2A.jpeg

999E4F90-2BC1-412D-B131-A65A8E9C0AB2.jpeg

4161C57E-377C-4E6E-9E44-4ED6C2700568.jpeg

7B247493-883C-47D9-B4F6-68ACDB8B417B.jpeg

Frankie, you outdid yourself my friend. I can’t thank you enough for getting these products to me in record time. I’m just in awe of the quality of the product containers, jars, bottles the whole nine yards. Superb my friend. Superb! Tim at Knothead did a wonderful job on the brush & brush stand. Fits perfectly with the Dragonsbeard motif. Bravo!!

And the V2 Dragonsbeard scent is ”Da Bomb!” Gents are in for a treat with this bad boy.....

View attachment 39593

View attachment 39592

View attachment 39591

View attachment 39594
Simply an amazing brush/stand set! 😍

Back