The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Do you Elf on the Shelf?

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Bingo Wizard
Concierge
We love the Elf so much in our house we have two. (Long story) Even though the kids are older they still like looking for them as they move around, keeping their eye on them. Of course, I have vintage Elf’s. The first one is from my childhood.

Yes we do. This year our elf brought his sister back from the northpole to help keep an eye on Sadie.

I'll try and snap some pics

We don't do the elf........actually we don't do Santa either.

Pretty cool that you have one as an heirloom. I didn't realize that the Elf on the Shelf is that old.

Yeah, I want to hear the story behind the chicken fairy myself.

The whole elf on the shelf thing confuses me because I grew up oblivious to the concept. I never adopted the idea in my house but I enjoy the photos of elves in precarious positions that often reflect the fad(s) that are current at the time.

I did just recently place a couple home security cameras in the house ...does that count?

Wow I had that same elf as a kid..... We never did elf on the shelf with it.. Wasn't a thing in our house.. The kids want too. I want to.. but we haven't implemented it. We better soon. otherwise will miss it before they stop believing

Wow I had that same elf as a kid..... We never did elf on the shelf with it..
\n\nThe whole Elf on a Shelf concept is relatively new. I\'ve done it since my kids were little. Oldest is 16 now. I think I started just a few years before we adopted it. But the elves themselves as décor have been around 50 years at least.

I'm more of a Krampus in the cupboard guy myself! Something about birch sticks and dragging kids off to hell that is just a really effective.

Back