The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Dilucot / Diluark on Milcrate's H.Diamond

I love that sound! As you start getting close to sticky, you get those pings as you lift it up. Excellent video DAVE!

That Coti is so cool, I love the manganese splash! It almost looks like electricity burned wood.

A Dilucot /Diluark progerssion on Tim's Razor @MilkCrate

It is interesting to see that you finish under running water. Does the stone cut finer with water then oil, or are you after a particular edge characteristic by doing it in this order?
I am new to honing on Arks, but i do like using coticules and jnat's. It is a really simple and compelling setup, especially for touchup work.

My ultimate goal is to make sure that the edge and the ark meet at a point where it cannot be any sharper. As long as there’s a certain type of lubricant you can’t be so sure of that but with water as soon as it hits the squeak there’s no way that the blade can get any sharper because it’s actually met at a molecular level to the flatness of the stone that’s why I use water

Back