The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Derby City Small Batch Shave Tonic

fhalden

"Like BarberDave… I make my own fun”
I saw an aftershave in an SOTD picture on Instagram, and I liked the look of the bottle so much I bought it. It's called Derby City Winter Reserve Shave Tonic, and it turns out to be splendid. It's a small batch product - they're a barbershop that produced 83 bottles of the stuff. I have #63, and another is on the way. It's a Kentucky business, so there's bourbon in it. Basically, it's a nice non-clovey bay rum with a sweet boozy thong going on. I collect bay Rums, and this is surpassed in my experience only by PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum and Captain's Choice.
cbd59d764c01ab18197f321c93544f09.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

they're a barbershop that produced 83 bottles of the stuff.
I wonder if that was the original run because on their website it says “In stock: 236 available”

I’ve seen a few members here post that In their SOTD pics and acquisition threads. I’ve heard about this for years. There can’t be just 83 bottles, is there? Maybe there’s different batches?

Last edited:
I’ve seen a few members here post that I’m their SOTD pics and acquisition threads. I’ve heard about this for years. There can’t be just 83 bottles, is there? Maybe there’s different batches?
Go to bed ;)

I live near the shop that makes it. It's not always in stock, but the website has details on their current stock or plans for an upcoming batch.

I’ve heard of that way back, and always thought it sound great, just too hard for me to get a hold of.
I’m with Spider on the 83 bottles, that just doesn’t sound right, maybe for a single batch, but they must put them out at least semi-regularly then, the stuff has a shaving cult following.

Perhaps there were 83 bottles in the current batch. My bottle is marked 63/83.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Back