The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Dave's Straight Razor Shave Video May 2018

Great instructional SR shave Dave!

I like your ATG pass, it’s pretty close to what I do for my “reverse” XTG pass, starting from the back of the jaw and coming forward toward the mouth, though I keep my Feather in the “L” position rather than a “V”.

Just one problem with the whole thing...you totally missed your upper and lower lips! ?

I am literally left speechless. That has to be what 45 minutes shave?

Awesome Dave. Truly awesome.

I will get a video up soon, and we can call it what not to do. LOL

Great video Dave! You make that look so easy!

I going to try few things I saw you do in the shave and see if that works for me.

Great instructional SR shave Dave!

I like your ATG pass, it’s pretty close to what I do for my “reverse” XTG pass, starting from the back of the jaw and coming forward toward the mouth, though I keep my Feather in the “L” position rather than a “V”.

Just one problem with the whole thing...you totally missed your upper and lower lips!
1f602.png

Thanks Chris, I do shave a little bit of them, LOL

I am literally left speechless. That has to be what 45 minutes shave?

Awesome Dave. Truly awesome.

I will get a video up soon, and we can call it what not to do. LOL

Actually it is about 15-18 minutes when I am doing it normal

Also are you using a smart phone, or a go-pro, or a camcorder? Where is it located? Looks like it would be on the mirror? What are you using to hold it?

Thanks Craig. It is an Iphone X, it is actually mounted on a selfie stick that is in a tripod base with the camera facing me so I can see the framing, then edited in my video software

Very cool Dave. Thank you for taking the time to do that. Talk about the total spa experience! Got a few strokes there I'll practice, and I probably need to stretch the skin more after watching that.

Anyone ever tell you that you sound just like that guy from the radio show?

Just getting around to the video section here. That was pretty awesome Dave! I'm nowhere near ready to use a SR yet, but I am definitely going to incorporate some of this into my DE routine!

Great video Dave! Particularly good as it concentrates on the preparation of the whiskers, something a lot of beginners struggle with.

Great video Dave! I wish I could work in some off hand like you do, but am terribly single winged when it comes to my shaving.

We do make some funny faces to get that blade in contact properly don't we?
1f604.png
I remember my son mimicking my face as I shaved when he was a wee one. Luckily I was an electric kind of guy then because I often busted out laughing!

That was super impressive, Dave! That clean up pass with the razor coming diagonal on the neck toward the chin is some ninja level stuff. Really inspiring!

Back