The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

CV Heljestrand frameback

B.Stegler

Shave Newbie
I will soon recieve a new razor. It’s a CV Heljestrand frame back but I don’t know more than that. It says London, Paris, Stockholm and Eskilstuna. Where was it made. And I see 4 different years. Does anyone of them tells when it were made? If anyone has any info please tell me.
Greetings from Eskilstuna, Sweden.
98a16ef8cc44ea73c052309d74da7458.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I will soon recieve a new razor. It’s a CV Heljestrand frame back but I don’t know more than that. It says London, Paris, Stockholm and Eskilstuna. Where was it made. And I see 4 different years. Does anyone of them tells when it were made? If anyone has any info please tell me.
Greetings from Eskilstuna, Sweden.
98a16ef8cc44ea73c052309d74da7458.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
Hej! This is most definitely a Swedish made CV. Heljestrand razor which was produced in Eskilstuna. They are cool blades to be sure! This one was likely made somewhere between 1890-early 1900's(may be earlier hard to tell) The dates 1855, 1866, 1867 and 1851 are the dates of the worlds fairs in Paris and London where C.V. Heljestrand won awards for their quality razors. The company has a storied history and is well known for the quality workmanship and excellent steel used in their production. I personally feel like Heljestrand produced some of the best razors ever made.

My personal favorite razors by them are the MK #31 & MK #32.

Back