The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Custom Orders

Dragonsbeard

Shave Enthusiast
Artisan Retailer
Hello Cadre

So I’d like to talk about custom orders.
I’ve been getting quite a few lately and I very much enjoy working on them but I’ve been giving the whole process much thought.
One issue is the very first contact between the customer and myself. I get pm’s on the shaving forums I belong to. I get DM’s on Instagram, on WhatsApp, FB Messages, Text messages from people that have my number, emails on my personal address and the one that says make contact that’s on the website. An honestly it’s a bit much to try an keep track of it all. So to help eliminate this problem I created a special email address on the website.
Customorders@EthosGroomingEssentials.com

So from this point on if anyone is interested in a custom order please use this email to contact me as I’d like to keep all the requests and contact information in one place so I’m not searching all over the place when I need to reference a conversation I’ve had with a customer about a custom order.

Also while on the custom ordering subject, I’d like to talk about the basics and how the process works and the pricing for a custom order.

1. Make initial contact by email with your request.
2. I’ll get back to you by email with a simple questionnaire for you to fill in just so I can get some basic information about things like Skin Type, what you typically like and dislike in your shave products etc.
3. Once I have reviewed the returned questionnaire, we will set up a conversation by phone if your in the US or if your out of the country we can do either FB Message or WhatsApp. Whatever works best for you.
4. When we talk we will go over your request and the many possibilities, options and the price. I like to talk to my customers as many of you know as it gives me more insight and in many cases an inspiration for a custom project and gets my creative juices geared up.
5. Once we’ve agreed on moving forward with the custom project I’ll send you an invoice which you can pay by PayPal, Venmo or Zelle. This may or may not include the shipping price as I still honor the free shipping on orders over $75 as long as their in the USA. If it’s an out of the country order then I’ll send a separate invoice for the shipping costs once the project is finished, packed, weighted and ready to ship and I know the amount.
6. There are no returns or refunds on custom orders. I’ve already gotten brunt 3 times so I’ve had to put this policy into place. I’m sure you understand my position.
7. The price of a custom order is determined by the cost of the finished product at the end of the day. I factor in the hands on time it takes to make the product or products. Custom orders can take as little as a week or so like the custom order I did in the photo in my last post or it can take up to a few months. It all depends on ingredients and if I have them in stock or if I have to order them. Also a very special ingredient can take time to source or we may have to wait if it’s out of stock at the moment. Also if I’m doing infusions then it can take much longer as we have to wait until it is complete to even begin to make the finished product. If special packaging is requested then that’s obviously an add on to the final price.
8. I’ll continue to try and make this process easier on both of us as time goes on and I discover new ways to do so.
9. On custom orders especially if they are big ticket orders I do very much suggest adding insurance and if it’s going out of the country it’s a must of I won’t ship it. Once it leaves my facility I don’t want to be responsible for any mishaps that may happen that is out of my control such as the postal service looses a package or a package gets stolen or it’s delivered to the wrong address because the delivery person made a mistake etc. etc. I don’t feel that myself or the customer should have to take a loss so insurance is a good move and it usually doesn’t cost much to add on to the shipping costs.

My commitment to you is I’ll continue to acquire new equipment to be able to make new and even better products along with the continuous sourcing of new an innovative beneficial ingredients as well as exploring new Aroma blends and taking more online classes as my philosophy is never sit on your laurels and continue the learning process. This was a hobby that turned into a business that I really enjoy a lot! Bottom line is it’s my passion and I’ve always loved making things!
I’ve wanted to address this for a couple of weeks now and I’m glad I had the time to do so. We are working on upgrades to the website to make custom orders even easier for the customers.
Thank you and I’m looking forward to working with some of you!

I’ll post some photos and info on some custom orders in this thread moving forward so check in now and then.

Great shaves and you all have a super Forth of July weekend!

Frank

Back