The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Custom Collection

Ok I’m going to start out this thread with images of the labels from some new products that are about 10 days away from releasing. I just got the label images in an email this morning and I thought I’d share them. As you can see I decided to keep this collection very simple using black and white labels. Without going into to much detail at this point the main reason is I’m working on a color coding system using multiple colors. Each color would represent a specific scent that the customer can choose from in a drop down menu. So when I send the product it will either have a hang tag or a sticker with that color on the bottle or jar. All the products start out unscented and can be bought that way at one price and if a scent is added there will be an extra charge and that charge will very depending on the scent chosen. Most will be close in price with the exception of the really very expensive organic scents like Oud for example. With the Replenish serum they will all be the same price because I’m using floral waters or hydrosols for scent options. You can also combine them as well. I did one that was a cucumber & spearmint that smelled great. Very refreshing and yet mild.

Also you see that I’m offering 3 different post shave organic oil serums for now and I hope to add two more moving forward as I believe that no one oil blend can work for all skin types as there are basically 5 different skin types Normal, Dry, Sensitive, Oily and Problematic. I was pretty sure that I could combine the Normal & Dry as the oils used would be pretty much the same and by using less or more that would be the main difference. The other formulas are more specific to the skin type.

NOTE: Also almost forgot. I'm also going to be offering in the not to distant future a choice of bottled scents as that idea came from a good shaving friend and customer. So you can get the Clean Shave soap which is unscented and add a few drops of the scent of choice that day to either your shaving bowl or the tip of your brush after loading your lather. I liked the idea the first time I heard it. It would also allow me to offer some scents that would be just to darn expensive if I had to make a Shave Soap from scratch using that scent. Example.. I hate to tell you what 7oz of authentic East Indian Sandalwood oil soap would cost per jar because when making a soap you have to allow for some loss of scnet during the heating process so you use a lot more where as when you add a scent to already made soap and it's lathered up it only takes a couple to a few drops to get you a great pure scent.

Oh boy just found a mistake on the labels and I'm glad they have not gone to print.. 2 oz is not 30ml.. my graphic designer missed that one! Calling her right now! LOL

Anyway here are my first labels for the Custom Collection.
E30415A0-71B5-4384-8B48-E8060D47DD83.jpeg24835287-1405-4109-BE2A-CBA61CCC3A46.jpegA977C23D-98C3-4074-9303-457FB480D95A.jpeg793F72CC-4DA0-4AA6-AC83-33E7F1EE50EA.jpeg

Last edited:
You already have so much product available Frank! Sounds like you business has definitely taken off!

Thank you for the kind and encouraging words. I've been very lucky that I've gotten so much support from the Wet Shaving community on here and other forums as well as my Instagram account. It's funny that you say I have so many products and I've been feeling guilty that I don't have enough as so many other shaving companies have so many different shave soaps and scents and I guess it's going to take me a while to get more out there as I'm pretty much a one man show. That's one of the reasons I'm doing the Customer Collection so there will be more of a selection of scents available to customers. Oh and that reminds me I have to add something to the last post I made.

🙂 (y)

It's funny that you say I have so many products and I've been feeling guilty that I don't have enough as so many other shaving companies have so many different shave soaps and scents and I guess it's going to take me a while to get more out there as I'm pretty much a one man show.
Others may have a lot of scents in their products, but most don't offer the variety of types of products that you offer. Believe me...you have plenty. And the quality of your products (from what I have sampled) is superior to most. I am in the schoolhouse of...one really good quality product is exponentially better than having 1000 average products. You are doing well Frank. Hoping your website gets up soon...I think that will be a game changer for your business.

Others may have a lot of scents in their products, but most don't offer the variety of types of products that you offer. Believe me...you have plenty. And the quality of your products (from what I have sampled) is superior to most. I am in the schoolhouse of...one really good quality product is exponentially better than having 1000 average products. You are doing well Frank. Hoping your website gets up soon...I think that will be a game changer for your business.

Again what can I say! Your words are very encouraging as sometimes I think we all question ourselves as to are we making the right decisions.

Thank you!

Last edited:
I think it is great you will have revitalizing serum for different types of skin. My skin tends to be on the oily side so many of the serums that have beneficial oils leave my skin feeling greasy, and others have left my skin feeling like there is a tachy film on it. Look forward to trying more of your high quality products.

I think it is great you will have revitalizing serum for different types of skin. My skin tends to be on the oily side so many of the serums that have beneficial oils leave my skin feeling greasy, and others have left my skin feeling like there is a tachy film on it. Look forward to trying more of your high quality products.

Thank you Mark!
Actually after talking with you and you telling me your skin is on the oily side it inspired me to see if I could make a post shave oil based serum that wouldn’t leave your face feeling as you said greasy feeling.

I have always felt that no one product in this case an oil serum could work for all skin types.

Also thanks again for the encouraging words my friend!

Back