The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Cryogenic Hardened Blades - What's your thoughts

Thanks for the info shawn. I took a materials class in my university days. It was very interesting and very scientific. Most of it was theory but we did get to do a project to harden some aluminum with grades based on efficiency. If I ever find myself with the chance to start working metal I probably will.

Blacksmithing is awesome. What I love the most is that when I need something, I just make it. If I need a hook for something, now I don't need to wander the aisle in the hardware store looking for something that sorta works. I design it, and forge it. I picked this wooden screen door out of the trash and put a new handle / decorative brackets to strengthen it and boom, I have a pretty good looking screen door. I love walking through my house seeing all the things I've made on the anvil and being in use.

Back