The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Crusellas Tobacco 1800 = Tabac?

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
A0B3D78F-EDFE-4263-9FF4-3E0DA7E70A93.jpeg

I purchased this bottle of Cologne on a whim off Amazon. It was a good deal at about $9 for 8oz. It had decent reviews so I gave it a try. It has a push spay top for easy dispensing.

On first sniff, I knew it was something special. It smells almost exactly like Tabac. All by itself you’d think it was exact, but side by side they are slightly different. Tabac is a bit richer and a bit more complex.

However, Tabac will run $2-$3 per ounce depending on the size of the bottle. This bottle was $1.10 per ounce. And if you go for the large 36oz bottle, it’s only $0.60 per ounce. So if you’re curious about tabac, but want to try something a bit more economical, give it a try.

This is a “Cologne” but like Florida Water, it can also be used as a no frills aftershave. Ingredients are Alcohol, water, fragrance, and coloring, so no specific additives for skin properties.

And Tabac is a Chemical farm of ingredients, if that’s a concern to you. I had no idea until I compared these two: Alcohol, Water Aqua, Propylene Glycol, Fragrance Parfum, PEG40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Coumarin, AlphaIsomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Isoeugenol, Lactic Acid, Butylphenyl, Methylpropional, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Eugenol, Sodium Hydroxide, Yellow 5 CI 19140, Red 4 CI 14700, Blue 1 CI 42090/p

One other note, is that the scent of the Crusellas isn’t as long lasting as Tabac, which could be a positive if you don’t like strong scents or are pairing it with a nicer Cologne.

Back