The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Covid, Personal Life Update

Hey Gang,

I'm sorry I haven't been very active on the board lately. In addition to the horror that is 2020, I have had a lot of personal stuff going on. Death in the family, another diagnosed with alzheimer's, family moving, job's lost/changed drastically, people moving, children demanding attention, etc, etc. Business is moving as usual, however I am a bit slow in responding to posts here. If you're in need of my response , or would just like me to see what you're posting, please remember to tag me.

Hold on tight, stay safe, and lot's of love.

Don

Ugh. Sorry, it sounds like you’re knee deep in the middle of it all. Here’s to hoping for a light somewhere.

2020 is a weird year for sure. I just hope we all come out of it stronger.

Sorry to hear that Don, I know TX got slammed pretty hard when they started to reopen. I truly hope that things get better for you.

I am very sorry to hear of these issues. Hang in there man, you will get through it. You and your family are definitely in my thoughts and prayers!

So it looks like we'll be moving soon. 🤪

While this will add a bit to the stress, this is a very good thing for us. Right now we're in a duplex with no yard and no storage. We'll have a nice big yard for the kiddos (heck...maybe a puppy or something) and more storage than we'll know what to do with. We're very excited.

We've also decided to home school! 🤪

This also cuts in on a already limited schedule, but it has been a blast so far. My wife and I take turns providing the lessons (she works from home now as well) and the child actually looks forward to learning with us. Having control over what she learns and being able to add to the lessons is amazing.

Good times! A bit stressful and busy...but looking up.

I hope the move goes well for you.. And the home schooling as well. We have decided to virtual school our 3 kids also , one is a 7th grader and the other two are k5.. Best of luck in all your endeavors....

Quick update:

We've got the first coat of paint up in the rooms we want to have painted before we move in. Lots of stuff packed and already taken over to the new house. So we are ahead of schedule, planned to be moved in by the 21st and "settled" by the 31st.

Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement, fellas. Much appreciated!

Quick update:

We've got the first coat of paint up in the rooms we want to have painted before we move in. Lots of stuff packed and already taken over to the new house. So we are ahead of schedule, planned to be moved in by the 21st and "settled" by the 31st.

Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement, fellas. Much appreciated!
Get the new address on your license and voter registration card!

No I'm not spam, it's just important stuff that people forget sometimes.

Back