The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Clothes steamer

NurseDave

“The TSC’s Cobb Salad”
Legacy
First Responder
Bingo Wizard
Concierge
Curious if any of you have experience using a clothes steamer instead of an iron. Ironing is a pain. And sometimes my shirts get wrinkles in them being hung in a too full closet. Was thinking of trying a handheld or standing steamer and just using it in the morning. I'd have to live without sharp creases, but that sounds easier than ironing many pieces after a load of laundry.

To be honest...I find it easier to iron than to steam. The only thing I steam are my suits and jackets after they have been hanging for a while. Of course you can always throw your wrinkled clothes in the dryer with a damp hand towel... 🤪

To be honest...I find it easier to iron than to steam. The only thing I steam are my suits and jackets after they have been hanging for a while. Of course you can always throw your wrinkled clothes in the dryer with a damp hand towel... 🤪
Heh, that's what I used to do. I would like they actually flat now, not just wrinkle free. But maybe that's all you get with a steamer anyway?

I despise ironing. When I have to have something ironed I must be super nice to my wife because she hates it also.

I thought about a clothes press, but they look like a pain unless you can leave them set-up in one place. Which I can't.

Back