The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Classic Tobacco Soaps

I have tried several modern tobacco shaving soaps, and all of them were good. However, I generally prefer classic tallow or triple-milled soaps (e.g. Floris, Penhaligon's, Trumper, etc.) over modern soaps. Does anyone know of any of the old classic soaps that had a prominent tobacco note?

What kind of tobacco? Tobacco smoke (pipe, cigar, or cigarette)? Tobacco leaf (pipe, cigar, etc.)? Tobacco flower?

A couple that I really like:
  • Tabac (tobacco flower scent, look for the old tallow formula, not the new non-tallow one) -- This is my #1 soap of all time.
  • A&E Choco Cubano (cuban cigar scent, modern soap formula)
I am not sure of other classic soaps that have tobacco. I am sure that there are some, but I just don't know them.

have you tried stirling's gentleman soap and there haverford scent? both are pretty tabbaco forward, might be something to look into.

have you tried stirling's gentleman soap and there haverford scent? both are pretty tabbaco forward, might be something to look into.
Fully agree with your Stirling recommendations! PAA’s Cavendish is a very nice pipe tobacco scent with fairly good longevity.

I have only used tobs Taylor of old street, tobacco leaf. I use it because it’s a cream base. I hand lather for a quick 15 minute 2 pass with the grain never against shave

I have only used tobs Taylor of old street, tobacco leaf. I use it because it’s a cream base. I hand lather for a quick 15 minute 2 pass with the grain never against shave
How's the scent on that? Straight tobacco leaf or mixed?

Back