The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Christy Razor

Dave in KY

Shave Newbie
So I see these are cheap on the auction sites and read a typical injector blade will work in them. Got one coming to me to play with and wondered if anyone else has dabbled with one yet and what your thoughts were. Don't know why my curiosity has been getting me into old unusual razors of late but it's been fun experimenting with them.

So I see these are cheap on the auction sites and read a typical injector blade will work in them.
You had to mention this, huh? I just went and dug mine out, and now I HAVE to try the injector trick. Lol. Those century or so old carbon blades that came with it looked rusty on the edge with a loupe, so I never did use this razor. I guess I will try this soon.....

You had to mention this, huh? I just went and dug mine out, and now I HAVE to try the injector trick. Lol. Those century or so old carbon blades that came with it looked rusty on the edge with a loupe, so I never did use this razor. I guess I will try this soon.....
Never did get one to work in mine to try a shave. It was too loose, so let me know if you can get it to work (y)

Ah okay. I will try it sometime. See if I can make it work. If not, nothing lost other than an injector blade or two

I just tried it. The injector blade fits in the razor, however the sliding baseplate needs some kind of blade stop or pins to hold the injector blade from sliding backwards. Not feasable in my opinion.

I just tried it. The injector blade fits in the razor, however the sliding baseplate needs some kind of blade stop or pins to hold the injector blade from sliding backwards. Not feasable in my opinion.
Had been awhile but that's probably what stopped me in my tracks......Thanks

Maybe with some JB Weld or epoxy, or a center punch to make divots. Maybe someday if I'm bored, but not today.

I could never get a blade to hold well in my Christy. I dont think I have it anymore, think I piffed it away.

I could never get a blade to hold well in my Christy. I dont think I have it anymore, think I piffed it away.
I was looking on I think that other site and saw where someone had used the injector blade and that the stops held it fine if positioned first before putting the cap on...I don't have one of the razors either but thought the pic might help someone who does have one. It would be interesting to see if it does.

Without having one in person you can't see what a small amount of blade is held under the top cap. With strokes shaving it is pushed back against the stops but will literally fall out thru the front if not careful because of the loose hold. I exaggerate the motion to show on video. It does take some fideling to get the blade held in, in the 1st place too.

Without having one in person you can't see what a small amount of blade is held under the top cap. With strokes shaving it is pushed back against the stops but will literally fall out thru the front if not careful because of the loose hold. I exaggerate the motion to show on video. It does take some fideling to get the blade held in, in the 1st place too.
Dang that doesnt hold at all does it... Sorry I just saw the pic and thought it might help. I know someone mentioned something similar to the enders mod for injector blades with JB weld . maybe that would help...

I believe a shim would do the trick. There are blanks in the bottom of some of the vintage Personna injectors that could be JB WELDED in place. The blade would sit on the welded shim and be held firmly in place. I just provided the photo to demonstrate what one of the blanks looks like. I use a free floating version with my Ronson! See attached:
1A0F0A7A-0A6C-4514-B972-F3F3D520E93B.jpeg

Back