The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Christopher Bradley Razor by Karve Shaving Co. and Storybook Soapworks' Halward's Dream

dangerousdon

"I am Udderly Insufferable”
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
By popular request...okay, well at least one person requested it...here is a video using a razor from Karve Shaving Co. and soap by Storybook Soapworks - Hallward's Dream.

This was a rush video so my editing skills were a little lacking today. Sorry it went long again...hope you all enjoy!

https://youtu.be/Mt8SFXoUTc0

Good shave Don! Very different take on the soap than KJ if I remember correctly. It’s nice to have that in general!

Those Karve razors are very nice looking! I guess they can build a patina over time as well which would definitely increase the wow factor, where so many moderns try to stay shiny new.

Good shave Don! Very different take on the soap than KJ if I remember correctly. It’s nice to have that in general!

Those Karve razors are very nice looking! I guess they can build a patina over time as well which would definitely increase the wow factor, where so many moderns try to stay shiny new.
Thanks Chris! A few hours after the shave...I am still impressed with Hallward's Dream. It's a very good performing soap with a wide margin for error in my opinion.

That Karve Razor is nice in my opinion. I'm not sure it is Timeless nice. But it is definitely up there. And that brass really appeals to me. It really is very similar to my Gillette Big Fellow.

Nice video Don and your videos are informative, educational and entertaining all packed in one. Nice shave!!

Little info on the Karve in case people are curious for some facts. It's Canadian produced. The Handle is available in 3",3.5" and 4". I opted for the 3.5". They started with producing plates AA,A,B,C and D and then later started producing and E and F as people wanted more "aggressive". At least that's the term people were using. He has been inundated with orders and has a backlog that many are complaining about especially since he just took a 2 week vacation which further set the lead time back but should be catching up. I have no connection or benefit from the company, just putting facts out there about it.

Nice video Don and your videos are informative, educational and entertaining all packed in one. Nice shave!!

Little info on the Karve in case people are curious for some facts. It's Canadian produced. The Handle is available in 3",3.5" and 4". I opted for the 3.5". They started with producing plates AA,A,B,C and D and then later started producing and E and F as people wanted more "aggressive". At least that's the term people were using. He has been inundated with orders and has a backlog that many are complaining about especially since he just took a 2 week vacation which further set the lead time back but should be catching up. I have no connection or benefit from the company, just putting facts out there about it.

That's good info to have. It looks like a razor with just a plate runs about $80...depending on the handle length. This is an excellent price for a premium razor. If I had to guess...he just can't keep up with demand. I don't mind waiting a while for something. Especially if it's a well crafted item. I just want that to be the expectation. Not saying Karve is doing this...but I have had people from time to time tell me something was going to be read in two weeks....and three months goes by. But if the expectation is given from the outset...I really don't mind.

Just after first use...this is a razor that I will give a serious thought to buying.

Well that was something else. The over/under in Vegas for how many cups of coffee Don was on when he filmed this is 7.5.

Good to see the word of Storybook spreading. It really is great stuff.

Well that was something else. The over/under in Vegas for how many cups of coffee Don was on when he filmed this is 7.5.

Good to see the word of Storybook spreading. It really is great stuff.

1f602.png

Back