The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Christmas Shave

Dragonsbeard

Shave Enthusiast
Artisan Retailer
What razor and other shaving gear do you plan on using for your Christmas shave?

I’m curious, anyone have certain gear they use every Christmas that’s a tradition or do you use whatever you feel like just like any other day?

I used to use my Gem Christmas set each year. When I bought the razor it was new old stock and never used. I had quite the Gem collection back then but decided to sell the whole collection one day and this one I kind of have remorse about letting go of.

So this year it’s time to start a new tradition but haven’t quite picked out what I’m going to use yet. Heres a photo of the old Christmas razor.

F55E65C8-DDDF-4742-8121-0A6DD21A6B3F.jpeg

I I don't typically use a special razor. Since I've thinned my den down, I currently have three razors to use. I'm most likely to use my Razorock Gamechanger 84. It's been my go-to razor for the past half a dozen shaves? I'm getting better and better acquainted with it and I think it'll end up being my daily driver.

I DO like theme soaps. Since I shave every other day, and my Christmas shave will be on Christmas Eve, it's definitely fitting to use Stirling Christmas Eve this year. Great holiday scent to put me in the Christmas mood.

I don't do scented aftershaves. Until I get my bottle of unscented Stirling splash in the mail, I have to use my only option: Duke Cannon Ice Cold Balm. Luckily, it's quite the performer.

Thus, here's my Christmas lineup (now with pictures, lol).

Merry Christmas everyone.
9b6b2555418ca9a75f6cdf2ddcbb86a3.jpg

I’ll be duplicating Mr D’s shave with Christmas Eve. I’m going to welcome everyone to the festivities proudly smellin’ like a Christmas tree.
Same razor too? That was the original questions focus... A special holiday Razor...

I hope you use the GC, it's a wonderful shave and it'll certainly start off your Xmas festivities right. Not biased at all here. Lol.

Nah, only brought the 6S with me so no other razor choices
Hey, the 6s is an awesome shave. Can't go wrong there.
My Christmas shave plans are waiting to see what my Rudolph Buddy sent.
I hope he brings you something awesome! We all love getting new shave gear, especially surprises.
No special kit, it Just depends on what I feel like using.
I hear ya. That's how I typically roll. Shave with whatever whim I have when I step up to the sink. I will ponder ideas, but my soap is often a crapshoot until I'm actually ready to go.

Not for this Christmas, mind you... But most times.

Ok I just picked out my gear. Since I don’t have a Christmas theme Shave soap & Aftershave I think I’ve decided to go with my Italian heritage and the one scent I will be smelling in some of the Christmas cookies so I’m going with Cella all the way. Also decided to pull out the Gillette Toggle and my Omega Italian Barber boar brush for a special Christmas Shave.

Oh and I’ve been wanting a mascot for a while now and a thoughtful shaving buddy of mine sent me one. Haven’t given it a name yet.

B604BF1F-EE98-4662-A891-3BC5E0E83E3D.jpeg

I’ve pulled out CBL Christmas Memories and CBL Three Pines. Not sure which one I’ll use.

Hardware doesn't really matter. Probably just use my Yuma, since that’s what I’ve been using.

What razor and other shaving gear do you plan on using for your Christmas shave?

I’m curious, anyone have certain gear they use every Christmas that’s a tradition or do you use whatever you feel like just like any other day?

I used to use my Gem Christmas set each year. When I bought the razor it was new old stock and never used. I had quite the Gem collection back then but decided to sell the whole collection one day and this one I kind of have remorse about letting go of.

So this year it’s time to start a new tradition but haven’t quite picked out what I’m going to use yet. Heres a photo of the old Christmas razor.

View attachment 13676

Great topical question Frank (beautiful Gem and Toggle set ups by the way!)!

I’ve only done a few themed shaves in the past. In general, I don’t give it overly too much thought on special days, my den is populated with just enough with gear and software to slow me some moderate choice and variety. I usually still stick to whatever tickles my fancy at the time. Most recently (last couple of months) I’ve probably been most focused on building my shave around a frag I want to wear for the day.

This year, I’ve made up my mind to use some of my previous Tom Ford Oud Minerale sample on the big C-mas day! With that I’ll likely use CBL Oud Minerale soap, my Sorrentino TSC 1st Anniversary badger, my RR GC .68, and Speick along with a couple nourishing witch hazels for post shave.

Great topical question Frank (beautiful Gem and Toggle set ups by the way!)!

I’ve only done a few themed shaves in the past. In general, I don’t give it overly too much thought on special days, my den is populated with just enough with gear and software to slow me some moderate choice and variety. I usually still stick to whatever tickles my fancy at the time. Most recently (last couple of months) I’ve probably been most focused on building my shave around a frag I want to wear for the day.

This year, I’ve made up my mind to use some of my previous Tom Ford Oud Minerale sample on the big C-mas day! With that I’ll likely use CBL Oud Minerale soap, my Sorrentino TSC 1st Anniversary badger, my RR GC .68, and Speick along with a couple nourishing witch hazels for post shave.

Sounds like a Shave soap and aftershave that I’d like. I’ll have to check to see if they still offer it.

As you may know I’ve been doing a lot of Shave Offs in the last couple of years and I’ve had to drum up themes for many of them so I’m used to it but when I’m not doing them I’m with you. Whatever strikes my fancy that day I’ll use be it a razor, shave soap, aftershave or cologne.
Thanks for the CBL tip!

My Christmas shaving tradition is to use PAA Magi for the season. This year I changed things a bit due to getting a few Christmas soaps in a PIF. The past couple of days I have been using the Stirling Christmas Eve and I love it. I may make the Christmas Eve my seasonal soap from now on.

Back