The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Chatillon Lux - Aftershave sold separately!

dangerousdon

"I am Udderly Insufferable”
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
So it seems that we all (or most of us at least) love the scents and products of Chatillon Lux. They have a limited release in Vide Poche that I am considering buying .

Here is my gripe: You can get the soap from Declaration Grooming...but you have to buy the aftershave from Chatillon Lux. So now I have to pay twice the shipping. It just seems like a flawed plan.

I share that gripe. I’ve noticed it before, and it’s a bit irritating. You’d think that part of the collaboration would allow them to stock each other’s products to make it easier on those of us who prefer to purchase the set.

I rarely ever buy them in matched sets. And if I do have matched sets, they rarely get used together.

This is my one gripe as well. I usually end up buying them through Maggards so that I can get the set.

It looks like the aftershave is sold out anyway. They still have the toner and the balm available, but now I'm wondering vif I want this scent at all. The soap is made in the Icarus base, which I haven't tried yet, mostly because the other scents don't jazz me. I might just sit this one out.

So I saw that West Coast Shaving had the Vide Poche AS...(sigh)...I went ahead and picked up a bottle. I was resigned to not purchase when I saw that it was out on the ChatillonLux website. So...now I needed the soap right? Went over to Declaration Grooming site and grabbed a soap also. That was a lot of work to pick up an aftershave soap combo!

Back