The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Characteristics of the Different Injector Versions

dangerousdon

"I am Udderly Insufferable”
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
So...over the years I hear about how the Injector...or as the kids say these days...Injectah!...is an awesome shave. I tried one a while back...I mean quite a while back...but I am thinking of cozying on up to the idea of having one in the den for my rotation. But I know some Injectors have different characteristics from others. The Cadre is the wisest bunch of shavers this side of...well, let's just say that the Cadre is the wisest bunch of shavers! Personally, I am more inclined to use a mild razor with a sharp blade. Anyway...just want to know what the Cadre thinks about the various versions of the Injector!

I like the "I" Hydromagic I have as it's easy to clean and rinse and gives a great shave. I also have a "G" which is slightly more aggressive but still a winner. Only 2 I have experience with. I have 1 that came in a lot I purchased and could send it to you if you want to try. If agrees with you, it's yours. Not sure of the letter but looks like my G type/style with a butterscotch handle I believe.

Last edited:
For whatever reason, I have found the profile of the "I" head to be the one for me. You can it in a normal fixed-head version (I1) or with the Hydro-magic version (I2). Both of these are short-handled. There is a long-handled Hydro-magic version, which is tagged as a "Lady Eversharp" which has the same head.

The J-series has long round handles and is available with our without the Hydro-magic feature.

Besides the I2 and the Lady Eversharp, I have had various E-models, which are reputed to be more aggressive, but I didn't find so, only that they felt "different."

Awesome thread @dangerousdon. An injector is one thing that I don’t have that I want to add to the den as well. But like you, I know there are a multitude of variations and don’t know much about them.

So far I’m 3/3 in the positive on my experience with adjustable injectors. The Supply modern injector comes in at the most innate blade feel / aggression so far, even at plate 1; WTG and XTG might feel buttery smooth, but care has to be taken on the ATG. The PAL Adjustable (provides its mechanically sound) takes the middle ground, with a fairly mild shave that ramps up very quickly with the settings. The Schick Adjustable rounds out the bottom as the most mild so far; it does indeed feel like cheating it’s so easy.

All are great shavers and very efficient for me.

Just get the chick gear shift injector...it’s cool looking and that’s all that matters. My boys both use one and never complain. I use the G BUTTERSCOTCH handle and love it.

I have a type M adjustable Schick one and its very mild for me on almost every click under 5. After that it is still mild but much more efficient on my whiskers and gives a very enjoyable shave. My only issue with it is it is very light and I have to exercise caution to not add too much pressure.

mild...the O or the O clone is a mild injector. Put a twin blade and it is amazing.
The general rule is that the older the generation the more aggressive the shave.

My J2 is pretty nice. Just a tad harsh on the ATG but with a good soap and skin stretching it smooths right out.

I’ve tried nearly all of them. Honestly never noticed much difference, but the newer models are smoother.

A lot of really good info here! Thanks guys for all the help...this is exactly what I am looking for!

Definitely give the Supply 2.0 razor a try. It is a really great Injector and you can get an "adjustable" version that uses different plates. It is worth the cost.

If you go vintage Injector, the I, J, or L type Injectors are smooth and mild. The M type is also a good buy for a dial adjustable Injector.
The following link has information on how to identify vintage Injectors:
NOTE: The above link is an informational site only, it is not a discussion site.

The L-Type is my favorite vintage Injector.

I have experience with the E, the G, and the M. I PIFed the G to Walt as it was unusually aggressive. I’m quite partial to my M for now as I’m endurance testing a blade in it and it’s really doing it for me.

I have an E2, an I, and an M. I prefer the E2 overall. The I with a twin blade is pretty good - I keep it in my gym bag since it's indestructible.

OK friends...finding someone’s unloved Schick Adjustable might be more tough than I thought...

Are any of the non-adjustables comparable to about setting 3 on the adjustable?

I have an E2, G1, I2, J1 and an M Model adj. I use the G1 and M Adj. more than the others. Both have their subtle differences, but I would steer someone toward an M adj. Model as a daily razor. Injector razors are blade specific in that modern Personna blades work better IMO in the I Model and later. "Chicks" work in all models and Schick Proline work superbly as it's the best bade extant for injectors. Period. (y)

My first injector was my G1 and I have to admit that with a "Chick" blade it is the best "all rounder" for men who don't want to order Proline blades from Japan.

Back