The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Chambers El Guapo Review by Uacowboy

uacowboy

"The Minuteman"
Concierge Emeritus
Hobbyist
This is copied from my Journal from several months ago. No number ratings from me but this is my first thoughts and in my uses since it continues to show up for me. Also it sounds like they modified their processes since this so their new products should be firmer.

Wostenholm 8/8
Omega boar
Chambers El Guapo cream
WH
Avon Deep Woods

So I tried to do a video review/shave today but it didn't really work. I forgot to talk from most of it and kept moving out of frame but my setup looked like this so can't say I'm surprised I have something better coming but it got delayed and I wanted to get this shave in.

Now for the soap, it is a nice dark but slightly sweet scent. I can really pick out the individual components but it makes me think of sitting in a nice leather chair by a fire with a glass of bourbon. Not that I can necessarily smell all of that but that is just where my mind goes when I smell it. It is definitely a very slick cream and face lathered very well. I chose my omega because it is my wettest running brush since Barber Dave mentioned it was pretty thirsty. It is definitely a hard cream, even more than TOBS in my opinion. I think I only loaded for max 10 seconds and had a ton of lather left after my 2 pass shave. Came out feeling very nice and BBS. I would for sure recommend trying this out if when you can get your hands on it.

Back