The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Central Texas Soaps: The Saw

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
texas_chainsaw_740x.jpg

From Central Texas Soaps' website:

"Whether you're camping in the woods with friends over the weekend or taking a scenic route through the country on your way home, The Saw is a perfect setting for horror in the fall. Metallic notes with damp dark woods followed by smokey notes on the end. "

Soap Ingredients: Stearic Acid, Shea Butter, Mango Butter, Water, Aloe Vera Juice, Potassium Hydroxide, Castor Oil, Cocoa Butter, Coconut Oil, Sodium Lactate, and Fragrance

Aftershave Ingredients: Aloe Leaf Juice, Witch Hazel, Denat. Alcohol, White Willow Bark Extract, Glycerin, Tea tree Oil, Polysorbate 20, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Menthol, and Fragrance

I'm a sucker for anything relating to Halloween or horror movies, so I took a chance on this set. This is my first time using products from this artisan.

The scent truly matches the theme here. The scent is literally straight out of a Slasher Film. If smell-o-vision was actually a thing, this is what you would be smelling, while watching a slasher film and the villian (Leatherface, Jason, Michael Myers, etc.) is chasing after some teenager through the damp fall woods in the evening hours. It is absolutely perfect, and could not fit any better into my personal fragrance wheelhouse. The damp woody/smokey notes are a perfect blend. The soap will last me a while, but I'm already burning through the aftershave, so I just placed another order to stock up (a few bottles)! I really wish this scent was also available in the bar soap.

The performance of the aftershave is stellar. Lots of great ingredients to make your skin feel amazing. And the scent lasts several hours. I'm right now 7 hours after application and can still smell it on my skin.

The soap is pretty average for modern artisan soaps. It's not as slick as I'd like it to be, and therefore the residual slickness is all but absent entirely. It does rinse off cleanly and quickly, which is nice. Every other aspect of the soap is good, no complaints.

Back