The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

CBL Soaps Ghost Lime Review

CVargo

“Ya… Chris, Dave, It really is my fault"
Owner
Legacy
CBL IN DA HOUSE!!! Alright so today I was very excited to use CBL soap from a REAL tub! No small tubs, no transferring samples to tins... but a real soap tub. It just all felt real today! I did record the shave today if you want to see it action. This is his newest formula and I have used some of it. Like the TSC Exclusive, Tabacaveg, and Ghost Banana. All in all I am ready to offer up a final rating. All of his previous soaps that he sent me would come in at Tier 1 Box 4 and a couple with some additions like the Damascus entered Box 3. The changes he made have really increased slickness, post-shave, and residual. Today the shave was wonderful and the scent strength once lathered goes to like a 4.5 out of 5. Almost 5 out of 5. If I have ever walked through a lime tree farm I imagine this is what it would smell like. Also I have an urge for a big slice of Key Lime Pie!

So to offer the final rating on the NEW CBL soap base I am going to say it is Tier 1 Box 2. Not quite Elite. The Residual slickness I experienced with the Dec. Grooming Icarus base really blew me away and I think that is going to be hard to top. All other aspects of this soap are there though!

https://youtu.be/qkHN5MBGBoE

Nice review and the same feelings I had when using it in todays shave. Nice post shave feel still for me. Thanks Chad

Nice review Chad! Off the puck yesterday, I'd have given the scent strength a 1. I'm looking forward to using it to see if it opens up.

So the Ghost Lime means menthol? No a big fan of the menthol, but I love lime anything.

Its a synthetic menthol. Same thing that The Holy Black uses in their creeper line. No scent, just cooling, but it’s different from a menthol cooling.

I tried to use the Ghost Lime to keep my wife from using my CBL soaps. Well last night she was in the bath and conversation is as follows

her “are you signed in to the cadre”
me “always”
her “tell Chris I love this Ghost Lime soap and you have my blessings to buy it”
me “if he ever decides to sell it I will”
her “shut up I just hope this stack of soaps didn’t cost more than my car”

I tried to use the Ghost Lime to keep my wife from using my CBL soaps. Well last night she was in the bath and conversation is as follows

me “always”
her “tell Chris I love this Ghost Lime soap and you have my blessings to buy it”
????

me “always”

This made my day! Note to self...don't drink coffee and read TJ's posts at the same time!

me “always”
Well if Mrs TJ approves...

More importantly does all the soap cost more than the car?

Back