The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

CBL Hello shave soap is wot bwings us togeder today

global_dev

Shave Enthusiast
im not gonna jump the shark with my review, aaayyyyy.. so as much as i think any review of this scented soap/AS needs some odorless, tasteless, dissolves instantly in liquid, and is among the more deadly poisons known to man, sprinlled into the review, i will henceforth abstain and not fall for any of the classic blunders. moving on.

5SmKIBW9E47uQTChhaY6y8PMkmJpaRA-2scn0h8iaBRHmS9Rg2vFwEM5jWqUTpOtdpc7f-8MWOmvivD0M1qtmtsLhs0M6eH1h8wpbr4e0pNUfxggAu2fBMgbjC-WlwCTQnxhxPaFTrlzqsHO_tpR4IOMlaS0uU7X6hsBzm-oxzeIuiVx0O2iU6nA-DMr0glnXsS_LKEhgK41TXlPV_66g06MvVOtznXnvRw91FXZ9h640CTEcRdgmw_oKtJlRxFNaSPajeDA1c7VaagCwOPoItn7dGhgrQIJbrvsw9mVqYYzHjgQ42IjG0QupM79TD3QLZ7uTKdDBLto3ZgyxIFgvVEj6Asrn7EtsTGJKoIckY84RCyk3t0Dy9CzJm9SYCCbjYVAu7-B4S1YLH1H-5EFjX3JVVwFPYhTGsaTl4fZNOUMFh9hi4WZ013X1gM_a2PDUjJ_w5vpu4ds2lWkzK2EZ-RH6mmHG1dm-eZlEeJNSYT2QwrZGc3XjCckeoIFqC1VERV5uob3qmOh1S7iKtqC8KyuTB8QN8Lpls6AWiMnjyP7hA8gfh9tHYd1-X9hc93tUeYxAxCdaAnE6ddzlHlaE_LXgNgaNdFBLzucVGCGeUjgVxHj23LxWf_wrNEgQqkH1i3F6ImSaByr5X3bJBrdqKZYOPU2DUtYKMu8GM2PXgNx8GKZ5z_oVWyVSGzbKEzFgwdAgxZBTSjv3Rv6xhGnBFrqfg=w882-h907-no

Definitely didn't know what to expect with this one scent-wise. Simplicity non-tallow, although i would have liked to see it in the apothecary or orion base..

"blend of lavender, lemon, coriander and a hint of sea air. Orange blossom, neroli and verdant greens complement the bright opening, while a blend of rich cedars and exotic patchouli"

my thoughts.. lav, lemon, coriander, orange blossom, noreloi.. kind of reminds me of the start of a traditional colonia scent..

hint of sea air- i was hoping refreshing, i've been running closely past some low tide areas lately so.. luckily it's not low tide-esque 🚣‍♂️ i'm not the fast ship in the fleet sometimes..
verdant greens.. hmmm. i had to look this one up it sounded so familiar :unsure: .. i .. i thought i got the idea - green flora and forests, etc, (but verdant greens are bitter - i mean i love those type of vegetables, but.. but my brain was itching for more.. had i missed something a perhaps i had.. it took me a while to figure it out, but i asked my father about it over the couple days while i have been sampling, smelling and lathering Hello.. He finally called me back and told me that my grandfather used to read this to me when I was younger..

220px-Verdant_Green_title.jpg

no, no he didn't. i'm here all night folks.. try the fish.. i am almost 100 pretty sure sure that CBL didn't pull a soylent green on us.. we'll need some confirmation though.. ba dum tscha

back to the story, the scent is really nice, and since i thought it was colonia-ish i looked up the scents and it's not some much colonia as it is close to another Intense scent. regardless, it smells great. Using it today's shave kind of reminding me of Dead Sea by RR, clearly not the same, but overlapping accords. The AS tonic is nice also, def wife approved scent.. the WS5 is a nice hit, definitely don't want it near the eyes.. that wasn't fun

I used this soap in 2 razor's edge testing from hones of unusual finishes , and it held up really nicely.. i could quote the ever loving carp out this, but i'm gonna leave some from the rest of you all to get your fix..

Hello is a nice light citrusy scent. And I agree, would have been better in the Apothecary base.

Back