The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Cattey Creations Barber Straight

dangerousdon

"I am Udderly Insufferable”
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
A few weeks ago I noticed a guy on Instagram showing off some beautiful Barber Straights (essentially a shavette). There were some really nice woods and his pictures were fantastic. A couple weeks later he did this promotion where if you repost a picture of his and he gave you $20 off on a custom razor. I decided to take him up on his offer. I was able to pick the type of wood I wanted for the scales and spine and I was able to get an engraving. Of course I went with my own moniker.

Just got it in the mail today and I really couldn't be happier! These pictures really do not do it justice at all! I went with Purple Heart for the scales and dark ash for the spine. It is absolutely beautiful. It comes in a very nice case also! I have seen some of the barber straights or shavettes and you have to break the razor in half and then insert it. This razor seems that you can insert the entire blade in it with only one side exposed. Anyway...thought I would share my latest mail call! Again...these pics don't do it justice!

Nice Don! Gonna give it a whirl tomorrow?

This weekend? Yes very likely. To be honest...I love how this looks I don't even care how it shaves. Of course if it's a great shaver that is all the more better!

Should work well. My Universal Shavette takes a whole DE as well.

i like the colors you got there.

I like that type of opening, almost got one like that some time back. Instead I got one that is very much like The Holy Black. The hardest thing about them is aligning the blade. ...watch the corners too.

Very nice, eager to hear your thoughts.

Very nice Don! I was going to say what Chris said about the corners though. Those things can bite you quicker that a real straight. Are those ever going out for honing by the way?
1f61c.png

Very nice Don! I was going to say what Chris said about the corners though. Those things can bite you quicker that a real straight. Are those ever going out for honing by the way?
1f61c.png

Actually...they went out today!

Great looking shavette, Don! I like the purple heart you chose for the wood!
Yeah...I was really drawn to that wood. Rob (at Cattey Creations) really makes a great product. There is definitely attention to detail here and a tremendous amount of pride! He has a couple other products that I think I will consider in the future!

Nice looking shavette Don!

Thanks Craig!

Back