The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

CADRE.......

BarberDave

I pre-date cheese sauce
Owner
Veteran
Legacy
First Responder
I received a very nice PM from a Gentlemen whom we all know and love. In this PM he indicated how much fun we had during the Zoom Call on 23 August, 2020 and I Quote:
"In Cadre fashion we've really gelled into quite a unit."

This prompted me to give you the defiinition of the word "Cadre" and give a bit of context to how I feel about what this means. This is my opinion, however I think I speak for my partners Chris and Chad, and I hope all of you

Definition of cadre
: a nucleus or core group especially of trained personnel able to assume control and to train others broadly
: a group of people having some unifying relationship
: a cell of indoctrinated leaders active in promoting the interests of a revolutionary party
: a member of a cadre

For those of my brothers that have served in the Military, the term Cadre is held very close. It means you can go to sleep knowing one of you Cadre is going to make damn sure, you and the rest of the Cadre are going to wake up in the morning. He has your "Six" and the bond of the "Cadre" is as important if not more so than blood. There is almost nothing you would not do for your "Cadre".

The terms, CADRE, BAND OF BROTHERS, LA FAMILIA, HERMANOS, AMIGO, BRETHREN, COMPADRES, all essentially mean the same thing. When deciding on a name for this joint, a TON of thought went into what the visions of us "Three Amigos" wanted to see, and it even is represented in our logo.

Also recent events at "the other place" also prompted this thread as some, as have many of us, have been attacked, banned, made fun of, or in my case outright "ERASED" LOL. What this tells me is simple....

We are doing it right. If a large juggernaut is spending time talking about a little 500 member shave joint, and it's members, vendors, etc then we should be proud we are on the Shaving Communities Radar, and just exemplifies what our vision and that of its members have accomplished in a very short time.

We have done things that no other shave community has been able to do, and are now being emulated.. We should all be very proud of that and it took each and every one of you. This is not an attempt to blow smoke up your ass either. Like any new venture and start up there have been hiccups, we have had to "Moderate" certain items to keep the Ship running and on course. However, that being said, we are STILL the only primarily "Self Moderated Forum" in the shaving world, again something you all should be proud of as we have the decorum of a true Kind Human nature.

You are all truly the "CADRE" in all it's forms and meanings and I am proud to call you "MY CADRE", and THANK YOU for your Support, and for everything you do!

~Dave

Back