The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Cadre-wide call for soap samples!

NurseDave

“Stefan’s Glitterbomb King”
Legacy
First Responder
Bingo Wizard
Concierge
So the 1st Cadre soap sample pass around has come to a successful end. The intent was for the samples to live a useful life instead of gathering dust in the library. This was so successful that there are very few of the samples that have enough soap left to be part of the next pass box.

It took the Cadre to build the 1st box and it will take the efforts of the Cadre to make another one. I’m calling on all members to scour your drawers and PIF boxes for samples you don’t use. And if you’re willing, fill up and label some sample containers with your favorite or most obscure soaps. If you want to make some samples but need some containers they are available on Amazon or you can PM me. Here is the pile of containers I’ll be emptying out from the last box.

48C992EC-6B80-4571-838C-200EA9624BAE.jpeg

This may exists already, but it would be cool if there was a place for people to make requests for what soaps they hope make it into the sample box, that way if we have that soap we can send off a sample knowing there is a demand for it. Make sense?

This may exists already, but it would be cool if there was a place for people to make requests for what soaps they hope make it into the sample box, that way if we have that soap we can send off a sample knowing there is a demand for it. Make sense?
Sure does. Post away here! That would be helpful for sure. I'm going to put in about 25 samples myself, but it would be good to know someone is interested in what I'm putting in there.

I maybe offer a suggestion?
What about putting a limit and or possible splitting it up maybe like by artisans? By sending out about 20 samples would not cost much?
Maybe a Stirling/CBL/B @ M pass around? Or a A & E/Wholly Kaw/M & M/Soap Commander? Or a unobtainable passaround? You get the point?
I fell it would help in a few things? One not cost much to ship and you will not be overwhelmed with so many to try?

I will be happy to help in any way?
Might be a stupid suggestion? But I was always told say what you think!!

GO BUCKS!!!

OH-

96 days till Football!!

I am sure I have some laying around that I can send. Or I can create.

@NurseDave catalogued most of my soaps and have a box of samples and full pucks for you to use and or split as you see fit. PM me your addy and when I go to the Post office next Monday to mail a boatload of other stuff I will get this too you.

To everyone. Yes, I will start a list of samples in the pass box. Since we're starting from next to zero, I figured the first people to send things in can send anything. I'm not in a rush to start filling containers one, it's a pain. And 2 that's a lot of soap. So if people want to contribute what I already have on hand that's perfectly fine. I can start ones with other soaps. I don't see this going out for at least a month. Maybe two.

Back