The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Buying DE Blades off of Amazon.

So I purchased 100 blades on Amazon. The package was an Amazon bubble wrap envelope. When I opened it some of the tucks where is semi-crushed packages. Should I be concerned that I will get bad shaves out of those boxes?

I just got my Shark blades and they came the same way. But they were NOT in that state. I would definitely send them back! Good call.

Wow, those are bad. I have gotten several packages of blades all the way from Russia and none were no where near as bad as these. Good luck with the return.

Wow, those are bad. I have gotten several packages of blades all the way from Russia and none were no where near as bad as these. Good luck with the return.

Seeing your laughing monkey emoji just makes me feel that you find humor in this.

Oof it is a shame that some companies don't care about packaging.
I wouldn't say Amazon falls into that category as a rule. They are known for over packing if anything. A huge box with a bunch of those pillows for one small item.

So the exchange was easy. Set up an exchange online. NewBlades came two days later perfect. I have two weeks drop the bad pack at a ups store. Prepaid.

The good thing about Amazon is that I have always had good experiences if I need to return something.

Remember though gents...this time of year, packages sent through USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, Amazon, and other carriers are likely to have a higher chance of being damaged. Packages are slung around and tossed about so those who are delivering them can get on their way and be home before midnight. I remember last year, the wife and I purchased something in November because it was such a good deal. When it came it was damaged really bad! So back it went. Got another one a few days later...same thing. Back it went. Third one came around this time last year and it too was badly damaged. We just cancelled the order. The carrier was UPS and the driver told us that things of like what we bought had a higher chance of damage during delivery this time of year. It was a very small buffet stand for our spare bedroom that was in a box that was about three by one and a half feet.

Back