The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Brushless cream

Recently I found myself short on time for shaving, not wanting to go to can goo, so I picked some cremo stuff, its good but I feel like it looses moisture if it sits too long while I shave, any body else experience this?

So far as brushless creams go as to something you just squirt or squeeze out Barbsol is hard to beat.

That being said this is pretty good stuff too:

I have a friend who swears by Shave Magic oil. I used a couple of times and it works, but it really didn't wow me.

clyde72 said:
So far as brushless creams go as to something you just squirt or squeeze out Barbsol is hard to beat.

That being said this is pretty good stuff too:

I have a friend who swears by Shave Magic oil. I used a couple of times and it works, but it really didn't wow me.

Ive used barbersol before. Ill have to look,into that stuff. I've got some WSP shave oil so ill experiment

Cremo is okay. They also have one that is used with brush. But if I'm going brush less if rather use canned barbasol. The aloe or the lanolin

I haven't had that experience with Cremo. For a brushless it takes on a surprising amount of water. I prefer to use Royall Lyme brushless if I'm in a hurry though. Ridiculously slick, and it smells awesome.

I also find cremo to dry out. But maybe i am just not using enough water.

Honestly, I've never had any luck with brushless creams. I've tried Cremo, Kiehl's, Pacific Shaving, Wadi, and Rise (and probably others). I just don't get the protection or slickness I need from these when I use a DE. Maybe they work fine with carts, I don't know.

I'd rather just apply some hair conditioner to my face and shave (which I used to do in the shower), then use a brushless cream.

If I'm in a rush, and I'm rarely in that much of a rush that I can't find 10 seconds to whip up at least a minimal lather, then I'll just apply a dab of cream and a splash of water to my face and rub it together, basically turning a lather cream into a brushless cream.

The two brushless creams I have used are the Wadi, and PdP 63. Very little cushion from either but the Wadi slickness is unsurpassed by 90% of the stuff I’ve tried and that is a lot. PdP wins that comparison only in the scent category.

I also have tried Wadi and was amazed as to how much is cushioned the shave. Just seemed a little strange to be shaving without lather. I also once got a bottle of Temecula Olive Oil from a friend that lived there and in the uses section on the brochure it said it could be used for shaving and so I tried that. I was surprised that it actually worked and so I guess beard/shaving oils are another option.

Back