The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bowls, bowls, and more bowls.

Soap Thing

Shave Member
Active Duty
559b7f53842e746ba2fb71162a32a724.jpg

Have a shaving bow you’re particularly proud of? Let’s see it. I have a tile floor so all of mine are plastic or composite.

Pereira Shavery Unbreakable Shaving Bowl
pereira Shavery Small Shave Bowl
ShaveBowl
Timeless Razor Shaving Bowl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SWK Trio, IMHO the best bowl system I've seen. You can use the main bola on it's own, with handle. or put hot water in the 2nd bowl to make it a scuttle. The third bowl is meant for a puck of soap.

There always comes a time in winter when I welcome a nice warm lather, but 10 months of the year it's just the single bowl. Works great both ways.

1611675627743.jpeg

1611675656731.jpeg

I don't have a picture, but mine is one of those inexpensive dimpled copper and tin ones from eBay. Have had it long enough that the copper is oxidized and no longer shiny.

I think the oxidizing has an awesome look to it. I have copper pens that are oxidized and they look amazing.

SWK Trio, IMHO the best bowl system I've seen. You can use the main bola on it's own, with handle. or put hot water in the 2nd bowl to make it a scuttle. The third bowl is meant for a puck of soap.

There always comes a time in winter when I welcome a nice warm lather, but 10 months of the year it's just the single bowl. Works great both ways.

View attachment 46095

View attachment 46096

That looks pretty versatile.

It started to in a couple of places, but constant handling of it has knocked most of it off. Ignore the thumb.

View attachment 46100
Ditto, same awesome patina on mine. It's a really good bowl, though I am using it very little these days. [emoji106]

I also have one of the silicone bowls. Mine is a simple travel dog dish though (see the etching on the bottom of bowl), with no bumps inside. It was super cheap on Amazon and works very well for traveling.

Most of the time i am face lathering anyway. [emoji2369]
bc08d8ab11c117e6729cad15ac1556c8.jpg
630d24d3639563053dbe983cb54393d9.jpg

I also have one of the silicone bowls. Mine is a simple travel dog dish though (see the etching on the bottom of bowl), with no bumps inside. It was super cheap on Amazon and works very well for traveling.
I have the same one, and it's amazing. Perfect for traveling, but also preforms great. I'm not a fan of the ones with the bumps.

I also have the Turkish Copper bowl and a Stirling collapsible bowl. They are mainly for samples because I face lather.

I'm mostly a face lather guy. I do like to use a scuttle for my croaps/creams/etc. I mostly use it to load up the brush and then keep said brush warm. I enjoy it.

20201022_182302-jpg.38502

20201022_183337-jpg.38503

I'm mostly a face lather guy. I do like to use a scuttle for my croaps/creams/etc. I mostly use it to load up the brush and then keep said brush warm. I enjoy it.

20201022_182302-jpg.38502

20201022_183337-jpg.38503

I need to try a scuttle. I always thought it was a farce but apparently enough people use it that I might have to see what all the fuss is about.

I need to try a scuttle. I always thought it was a farce but apparently enough people use it that I might have to see what all the fuss is about.

Not a farce at all! It's really pleasant.

You can jury rig one by just putting a smaller bowl inside a bigger one that has warm water in it, just to get the idea if it's for you or not.

View attachment 46095

View attachment 46096
No more ceramic bowls for me, but those sure are pretty!

559b7f53842e746ba2fb71162a32a724.jpg

Have a shaving bow you’re particularly proud of? Let’s see it. I have a tile floor so all of mine are plastic or composite.

Pereira Shavery Unbreakable Shaving Bowl
pereira Shavery Small Shave Bowl
ShaveBowl
Timeless Razor Shaving Bowl

Bottom left looks waaaaay too much like a bedpan.

For me it has worked best when filling it (inside and out) with boiling water from the tea kettle before my shower. Dump the top out, load soap, top off inside water with hottest tap water, enjoy shave.

Back