The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

"Bootleg" Frgrance blends - Time to share

CBLindsay

I Blame Dave
Owner
Legacy
Honestly, I thought the forum already had a thread featuring homemade "bootleg" fragrance blends. I was pretty certain @Spider had already shared his favorite blends...But I have not been able to find the content I was certain was already here SO I am starting this thread. *I found several mentions of various "bootleg" blends our members use but no dedicated thread.

Why bootleg blends? Why now? Well, last night while filling a CBLsoap.com order including one of my absolute favorite CBL scents I decided I would refill my recently emptied bottle with the same scent being ordered (Cedar Smoked Bay Rhum). Then I thought to myself, "hey, I really like the Barba scent (easily one of my top 2 favs), I wonder how the two scents would blend". So I decided to add a bit of the Barba scent to the bottle. THEN I thought, "hey, I've got the Litsea Cubebe oil out how about I add a splash of that too". The result was a very enjoyable scent that was very different from the individual scents I used. As a last thought I decided to add a small dash of Iron Throne and a large menthol crystal. It took some time for the very unique Iron Throne notes to blend with the rest but the result was surprisingly sophisitcated. Later I found that I had a bottle of the Icoloniali dupe scent (I call/ed it Velvet wood) that was almost empty so I poured the rest into the bottle I had just created. So the final result is Cedar Smoked BayRhum (2 parts), Barba (1 part), Iron Throne (a bit), Velvet wood (1/2 part?) and some added menthol crystal. An unlikely pairing but one that is enjoyable enough to use regularly.

I'm pretty sure our great members have some exciting blends. Feel free to share your own blends and recipes here.

It didn’t get very many posts but:

It didn’t get very many posts but:
That's what I was looking for. I thought s was started by KJ so I may have passed over it without giving it the proper attention.

Back