The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bogus fortune

That is not a fortune, it is some crappy philosophy. A fortune would say, "Later today you will be struck in the head by a tire that flew off of a moving car. If you are alert you will live." There is an untapped market for "really real fortune cookies".

I like it...
I often tell my wife and clients something similar. In essence it says that "want of more" steals the joy from what you already have.

Now, I do think @OpusX is on to something. In a world of "fortunes" such as this one a line of cookies that toss out some pretty specific and wild fortunes would be a lot of fun. The "fortunes of humanity" line might include stock market predictions, news of births/deaths, warnings of tragedy ahead, statements about marital affairs and a whole lot more.
"buy XYZ now, it will make you rich in 34 days" (pretty much a 50/50 chance this one it right, the more who play the more who win)
"your closest significant female friend will die in 327 days"
"you will welcome a new baby to your household this year"
"Your partner is enjoying the company of an another" or "your partner KNOWS about your extra-marital activity...run"
"beware of flames lest you be burned over 40% of your body"

More importantly @Spider, what Keto meal comes with a fortune cookie?

You're supposed to add "....in bed" at the end of any fortune to make it make more sense.

Back