The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Body Soaps, Face Washes, and Shampoos

I for the last 6 months have strictly used Stirling for all 3 of those you mentioned. Price is Right and the products are awesome. My skin is more nourished, face has less breakouts, and my hair has been less dry as well.

I use various bars of soap for my face and body. Vintage Avon soaps are my favorite. I also enjoy many artisan bars including: Mystic Water, Stirling, LNHC, and Honeybee Soaps. I have decades of bar soap stocked up.

For shampoo, there’s only one choice:

We had a holiday in Croatia a couple of years back, and there was an artisan selling soaps near an ancient church in Śibenik called Sapunoteka, great soaps, I've been ordering from them since then.

I am finishing up some stuff I have. Palmolive bar soap and Kirkland's Signature (Costco Brand) Shampoo and Conditioner. I have been washing my face with a Musgo Real pre-shave soap at night.

I am trying to move away from many of these commercially massed produced products (there are exceptions) and find products that are more skin friendly and don't have the potential to cause lasting effects.

Sudsy soapery peppermint shampoo bar is pretty awesome. I also am using their charcoal and tomato face soap, but I’m not in love with it. I have some Siliski face soaps I can’t wait to start using.

Sudsy soapery peppermint shampoo bar is pretty awesome. I also am using their charcoal and tomato face soap, but I’m not in love with it. I have some Siliski face soaps I can’t wait to start using.

Love the tingle of peppermint. Bath and Body Works MENTHA(piperita) is a great product line. Readily available brick and mortar.

I've been using a sterling shampoo bar and bar soap for a few months now and I have really been liking them so far.

Back