The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Blood Pressure App

dangerousdon

"I am Udderly Insufferable”
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
Just wondering if anyone is taking their BP and recording it in an app. Looking for recommendations.

This month I have started taking a recording my BP readings...but I am recording them in a spreadsheet for the moment.

The BP Cuff I have has an app that it syncs to with Bluetooth, but there are some issues that I won't get into here.

Recording on a spreadsheet is fine by me...but I know there are apps that will automatically do what I will have to figure out.

I have an Android smartphone...but I am not opposed to using just the laptop either.

Anyway...thanks in advance for all the input.

Unfortunately i use the ios health app for that
A lot of people do. I'm not willing to switch to Apple just for BP tracking though.

It's funny...I use my Fitbit App a lot and you would think they had a place for you to track BP. They Don't. I can track SPO2, Resting Heart Rate, Heart Rate Variability, Oxygen Verbality, etc, etc, etc. But I can't add in my bp to track.

I think "Google Fit" allows BP tracking. I don't have my phone right here to check. Also Samsung has a fitness app.

My wife picked up an Omron BP machine before Christmas. The app also allows manual data entry.
So I picked up the Omron Evolv...and I am super impressed with the accuracy of it ( a lot better than the wrist BP monitor from Omron I have been using). I really love it...except for the connectivity with the app. Basically...if you have two users that track their BP on it...every time a user takes their BP...they must send the info to their app before the next person uses it...or else the data can get mixed up. But...if it has manual entry...that might fix the issue. Sam seems to be able to read my mind! 🤪
Just checked and both Google fit and Samsung Health both have blood pressure tracking.
Thanks John. I am really trying to get weened off of Google services...it's hard. It's hard, especially since I am still using a Google Pixel and use Gmail, Google Drive and Google Pics. So I would rather not use Google Fit unless I have to. Samsung Health is an option though...especially since it is likely that I am getting a New Samsung phone in the next month or two.

Thanks guys!

A thought. Similar to your excel thought.

Selfhosted app database with a shortcut enabled gui input and chart? Maybe with a pizero? Wger?

Hey my friends - I’m only posting as a matter of prudence - as a person with a science degree and some medical training as well as an IT professional - the bp trackers should be used as a guide but make sure to consult with a medical practitioner as well. The what I call over the counter (Apple Watch, Fitbit , Google, etc) are sufficient for general tracker and trending but aren’t diagnostic grade

Back