The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Blades

My go to blades are Personna and Feather. I rarely use anything else.

Good to know. Did not know if there was a new magical blade that has shown up in the last couple years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have not tried them (or even seen them) but Wizmet blades have been talked about a lot. If you feel a need to try something new they might be a good place to start.

Did not know if there was a new magical blade that has shown up in the last couple years
I haven't heard about any new blades in quite some time. But yeah, Wizamet Super Iridium is the most recent blade to have a bit of a craze happen over it, and gain some popularity. They are fairly universally liked, however, I personally did not care for them.

I haven't heard about any new blades in quite some time. But yeah, Wizamet Super Iridium is the most recent blade to have a bit of a craze happen over it, and gain some popularity. They are fairly universally liked, however, I personally did not care for them.

If memory serves me right these are vintage blades like English Wilkinson Swords.

What are the go to blades now? Been out of the scene for a while and looking to rejoin.

There is a new German company called My-Blades. Brand new. I watched Kensurfs feature them a couple of weeks ago. I think you can fund them still but from what I understand they're ready to hit the market any time.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Grab a cup of joe, this is going to be long.

For almost two decades Ive used Feathers, the finest ninja blade ever.
I have tried others. When I sold Ladies razors, I gave them a few packs of Derbys. I have one razor and a half box of them that are still kicking about.
Way to dull for my barbed wire face.

I can get 5-7 days out of a Feather. So they set the standard.
Someone said that Nacets were as good and cheaper. Annnt, wrong answer. I get one day out of them, maybe two.
I call them my weekend blades, I use one for both days then chuck it. Every few packs I get a bad one and have to change blades in the middle of a shave.
Sure will be glad when they are gone.

In the last 15 years or so, I watched Feathers go from $15 a 100 to $50 a 100. I see now they are back to $30 a 100, so Im stocking up now.

So I went to you tube and saw a blade that "Gentlemen" saw are as sharp as Feathers. Well I can tell you they are not.
Bluebird blades are the single worse blade I have ever used, and I bought 200 of them on sale. Now I know why they were cheap.

When I sell my last Lady Star Burst Gold, the lucky gal is going to get the Derbys and the Bluebirds.
I am never using them again.

For almost two decades Ive used Feathers,
I can get 5-7 days out of a Feather
After so long using them I’m surprised you’re not getting more shaves. I strive to get more shaves off each blade the longer I use them and learn better techniques. I routinely get a month or two out of a feather now, often many more.

I have barb wire Italian beard. I never tired to use them longer. I figure after a week, its time for a new one.
It might be time for a longevity test.
Thanks

Back