The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Blackland Era

HMan

Doften Savant
I've not been following razor news like I used to. Does anyone know what happened with the Era? I see it's being discontinued and remaining stock sold at a good discount.

I've not been following razor news like I used to. Does anyone know what happened with the Era? I see it's being discontinued and remaining stock sold at a good discount.
From what I remember reading, the manufacturing source Blackland used increased the price to a point that made it impractical to continue making the razor.

To add to what Cannon Cocker had added - Shane did a video a few weeks back - basically the manufacturing company was for lack of a better term - a start up, and they didn’t get the next round of funding they anticipated - which then made their ability to make the razors at the price point Blackland wanted unrealistic. It’s a bummer - I thought it was such a cool concept.

Back