The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Beer

Most beers don’t get along with my taste buds. Way too hoppy and bitter to enjoy.

Ones I can stomach though are Hell or High Watermelon and Not Your Dad’s Rootbeer...basically beers that don’t taste much like beer :LOL:

Most beers don’t get along with my taste buds. Way too hoppy and bitter to enjoy.

Ones I can stomach though are Hell or High Watermelon and Not Your Dad’s Rootbeer...basically beers that don’t taste much like beer :LOL:
My two adult boys feel the same way.

I’m trying to stay as low carb as possible, so my addiction to craft brews, and barrel aged chocolate stouts is out the window. My go-to these days is Corona Premier or Michelob Ultra.
Every now and then, for a special occasion, I’ll have my all time favorite.... Guinness.

I’m trying to stay as low carb as possible, so my addiction to craft brews, and barrel aged chocolate stouts is out the window. My go-to these days is Corona Premier or Michelob Ultra.
Every now and then, for a special occasion, I’ll have my all time favorite.... Guinness.
Guinness on tap or a Black and Tan is a staple.

Corona Premier is a top notch brew.

I have been working through a 30 pack of "the champagne of beer"

Admittedly though I also really love the brew scene and enjoy my stouts.

The classics are classic for a reason. I find Yuengling, Rolling Rock, Bud, Miller and Mick all hit the spot. Oh yeah, big fan of Corona right now too.
When I go with the craft beers, Helles style lagers are as drinkable as they get. Victory Brewing makes my favorite.

The classics are classic for a reason. I find Yuengling, Rolling Rock, Bud, Miller and Mick all hit the spot. Oh yeah, big fan of Corona right now too.
When I go with the craft beers, Helles style lagers are as drinkable as they get. Victory Brewing makes my favorite.

I'll admit that when I go lowbrow I'll drink Rolling Rock, Yuengling and Bud LIte (gotta watch my waist line). But since I don't drink much beer I prefer to have one or two quality brews than many of the lesser ones. My favorites lately are Chimay (all three), Newcastle Brown, Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA, Guinness and Saranac Amber Lager.

While I will drink it if its provided at a gathering I'm at i refuse to buy cheap beef. But I'm also more of a, the darker the better, kinda beer person and I have yet see even see a beer thats both cheap and dark.

I don't mind craft but honestly when I'm in the mood for something heavier these days, I reach for a bourbon scotch or rum.

When I'm in the mood for a beer it's usually either after working outside, while relaxing outside, etc. and I'm looking for something lighter and refreshing. Which is where my beloved MGD makes its entrance!

Don't think it's even widely distributed outside the greater Great Lakes region anymore.

Back