The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Straight Razor Learning Series : MODULE #105

BarberDave

I pre-date cheese sauce
Owner
Veteran
Legacy
First Responder
Part 6 of 6.
For those waiting ( like Nascar at Daytona ) for the "big one" it happened on the final module. I guess Mr. Murphy thought it would be a good teaching moment. It begins at Time Stamp - 17:34.20 for those that cannot wait to see the carnage, LOL

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial series and if you would like to see more, or a subject you would like to see covered, please let us know​

Great series Dave. I will be trying out the cross shave 1st pass tomorrow i think

"Honing is an art you learn" ..... Not for some of us! :ROFLMAO:
"When you can get up in the morning and shave and it's a no-brainer" .... SWMBO says most of the things I do are brainless. 🤪

You forgot to add two units to the syllabus.

1. Keep Calm and Keep Shaving
2. Triage

Thanks for doing this series @HandleBarberDave it was very helpful even if I'm not going to be head of the class.

I'd be interested in learning about honing.
Also just doing touch ups in general and what about that paste you can buy and balsa strops.....

Just finished the last module. Great stuff @BarberDave ! I really learned a lot about things I've been doing wrong, things to work on, and techniques I didn't even know about. This was really thorough and super informative. Thanks for taking the time to put it all together!

Great series Dave. Good approach to the “teachable moment”. Everyone leaks occasionally. 👍

Back